I was just thinking, isn't it kinda weird that we have different times for different parts of the world based on the sun? Instead of having 1 AM be the same around the world, we have it split up so it's 1 here, 2 there, and 3 somewhere else. Why don't we just have it so it's a single time around the world, but that time is a different time of day depending on where you are? That's how the months work, right? No matter where you are, it's August right now. It's just that August is in winter in one place, but summer another. I think they should have clock-time work the same, so that 1 AM is nighttime in one place, but daytime on the other side of the world. This way, events like New Years and whatnot would be more significant, because everyone would be celebrating at the same time. Just some random thoughts I had while staring at a clock.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
so noon actually is noon, when the sun is straight up in the sky
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
because that would make absolutely no sense otherwise. 1.am would be in the middle of the night in one country, and in broad daylight in another. that's the whole reason we have a clock, to divide the day, and that day division needs to be the same everywhere or else it just gets silly.
time is relative to the sun so that its easy to keep track of days, months are the same throughout because of seasons, which we cant change.

why dont we just throw time out the window entirely?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
this is a really dumb question.

but i dont care, as long as the "real" time is pacific standard time.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
this is a really dumb question.

but i dont care, as long as the "real" time is pacific standard time.

which it isn't
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
You think santa could do the whole world at midnight? no way. Thats why he broke the earth up into time zones, to break it into manageable chuncks.
Im all outa signature
Quote by Rogue Hermit
so noon actually is noon, when the sun is straight up in the sky

+1.

you can't have someone say that it's 12:00 pm when it's nighttime. why is this so difficult for some people to figure out.
Because I'm not wanting to be working at 3am and the sun is shining. It would freak me out and I'd go on a giant penis rampage.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Because I'm not wanting to be working at 3am and the sun is shining. It would freak me out and I'd go on a giant penis rampage.

I would very much love to see someone go on a giant penis rampage.
Quote by destroy_techno
this girl like said it was all screemz so I like punched her in teh face, serves her right stupid bish, don't fukk with Pantera
Quote by teachmeviolence
Just some random thoughts I had while staring at a clock.
Stop staring at clocks. Apparently it causes brain damage.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
So it's sunny for everyone when we want it to be sunny. Otherwise we skip ahead an hour to make it sunny for everyone.
because it is!
ಠ_ಠ

Notice how I have not quoted anyone, you could be the first! Make me lol!

198th person with a llama in a sig!

I unfortunately witnessed The Night of The Pear II
Really? Really pit?! What the hell you've got this turd whining about his friends that he ditched and now this?!
Quote by fail
Either you're safe or you've won the whole damn thread.

Quote by CoreysMonster

epic win. total, epic win. this is probably the best OC ever created on UG.

kudos, sir.

kudos.
Quote by CoreysMonster
because that would make absolutely no sense otherwise. 1.am would be in the middle of the night in one country, and in broad daylight in another. that's the whole reason we have a clock, to divide the day, and that day division needs to be the same everywhere or else it just gets silly.

/thread
Quote by StewieSwan
lrn to military time

Millitary time still uses time zones. they use Zulu time quite a bit when coordinating large scale, but they also use normal time zones.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by blindfatkid23
Really? Really pit?! What the hell you've got this turd whining about his friends that he ditched and now this?!

you read that article too?!?!? small world...

EDIT: wow ts...thats really ADD btw. everytime i look at my clock i always say...hm...i should get some batteries.

cause its stuck on 6:30
Last edited by killer puppy at Aug 7, 2009,