Page 1 of 2
they're making a movie out of the series? awesome!

EDIT: the quality of this youtube video is impeccable.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Aug 7, 2009,
Yeah the quality is amazing on that video. But I'm a little dissapointed with the trailer. I noticed a lot of things that I was not happy with.
Keep in mind John C. Reilly has been in serious movies before, boys. This looks... different than the books however.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
I loved those books back when I was elementary school. They were easily my Harry Potter. Except good.
I still am not going to be able to look at Mr. Crepsley in this movie without thinking "BOATS AND HOES!"
those were pretty much the only books I ever read willingly when I was young. goood stuff
OK, so I may just actually go to the cinema to see this, then again I may not
i wish they would make the demonata books into films aswell
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Looks better than I thought it would. Used to burn through these burns as a kid, very easy, light fiction to read for a day or two.

In my mind's eye, though, Mr. Tall looked a bit more like Will Self ;

Ah well.
Not sure if want...

Loved the books though, still got them all. My guilty secret is i'm reading his Demonta series.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Jakeylee111
Not sure if want...

Loved the books though, still got them all. My guilty secret is i'm reading his Demonta series.

tbh i think the demonata series is better
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
I loved these books! (Actually, I might just go and re-read all of them, now I've got the time). I don't know what to think of the movie though; Mr Crepsley looks a little young to me. But I give it the benefit of the doubt.
This movie could either be extremely bad, or extremely badass. I just hope it's the second...

EDIT: I just noticed that Evra is going to be played by Patrick Fugit, who played William in Almost Famous! Now that's got me interested!
Last edited by hendrixfanatic at Aug 7, 2009,
I started reading them in Dutch when I still lived in Holland... Bought the first 3 and loved them, then moved to France and they don't have the books here, not even in french

Im Dutch so I don't like spending money, so I had to download... couldn't find them in Dutch so I read them in English which isn't awesome either... I'd love to reread them but I don't want to spend hours on my pc/iPod reading books.

About the movie: I guess it's gonna be different from the books, but they change stuff for a reason, right? If they'd do a direct transposition from the books to movies, then it probably wouldn't work, the majority of people, who haven't read the books wouldn't enjoy it.
But different doesn't mean bad, right? I read that the producer of the movie is the producer of X-Men movies as well. I hope she at least read the books...
Plays on a Fender Classic Player 60 Strat through a Roland Cube 60
God that's a blast from the past.. I used to love these books, shame I only have a few myself (I borrowed the rest I think..) I think I might buy the rest again.. God they were good.

edit:just watched it.. that looks... different. Looks like they tried to make it funny. Hmm, might be good I suppose.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last edited by jgbsmith at Aug 10, 2009,
I read the books years ago. I almost forgot about them. Darren Shan, right? They sort of went off course and became shit at one point.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I read the books years ago. I almost forgot about them. Darren Shan, right? They sort of went off course and became shit at one point.

To be honest, they weren't all that great pieces of literary fiction in the first place..

But they were fun.

I can't remember which one I liked most. The one where Kurd/Kurt was doing the thing about the thing.

>_>

<_<
I loved these books as a child. The movie's not going to have anything on my imagination, though.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
The first half of the trailer looks really awesome

the last i was like meh

Johnny C isn't cool enough for this
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Pause the video at 1:00, is that Zakk Wylde in the background?

On the left? Yeah, that's him!

>_>

<_<

The woman at 0:57 looks like Lauren Laverne. Which is no bad thing.
Books were fantastic, film looks utter ****e
Quote by gjvx
Damn you Spicer001, I'll get you for this...

[GT]Spicer001 of the UG Gaming Force
I'm really pumped on the movie. I REALLY hope it doesn't suck like alot of movies based on books did.

EDIT: those little people look nothign like i expected. they are like those cheesy aliens from "aliens in the attic"
Last edited by J Mud at Aug 10, 2009,
I agree with whoever said about turning the Demonata into films, that would be much better.
***Short Sig***
Its good to see John C Reilly in a semi-serious role. It might give him some cred.
saw the film today. It was a lot better than I expected actually. Although it was certainly a great departure from the books I liked it a lot anyway, it had a lot of charm and a good pace.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I love the books but this looks like a pile of wank tbh.
Has anyone read Shan's book Procession Of The Dead? one of the best books I've ever read.
I know you think that I'm someone you can trust.
But I'm scared i'll get scared and i swear i'll try to nail you back up.

Female SouperHero
The movie looks absolutely shit. I loved those books. The trailer looks like its raped just about everything in order to make it into a horrible teen movie.

Also, monkey girl? What the hell, what happened to Debbie? She's an important plot device in later books too, so then...oh great, the story'll get screwed up ever further :/
Quote by Mudmen190
Its good to see John C Reilly in a semi-serious role. It might give him some cred.

Yeah, besides being Oscar-nominated for Chicago.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
why must they ruin these books for me
they were awesome when i was in grade 4
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
I've met Darren Shan twice.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Page 1 of 2