Hello UG Community. I am new here and I am also new to forums, so let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.

I need your help rewiring a Hondo II Les Paul Copy. For this guitar, the volume knob/potentiometer for the bridge pickup is broken, so I'm trying to just leave it there and turn the neck volume into a master volume. I googled around and I came across this: http://www.ashbass.com/AshBassGuitar/WireLibrary-Gibson.html

I tried to use the diagram there, but it seems the wires are different from what's in the Hondo. In the Hondo, the pickup wires have 2 wires inside them, a black one and a white one. For the pickup switch wires, there's a white one along with some strands(which are soldered into the ground). I do have soldering experience so I will be okay(I just forgot everything else I learned in electronics class ). This guitar is used and there's been some signs of screwing around with the wiring.

Here are the questions I have:
1. Is there a way to wire it up with 1 master volume and 2 tone with the Hondo wires?
2. How much does it usually cost to have it professionally done?

I've attached a picture of the wiring in the guitar(sorry for the bad ms paint skills).
Attachments:
hondo II les paul wiring.JPG
Last edited by Daus06 at Aug 7, 2009,