I am looking to get another instrument, I currently play the guitar and am only interested in one man bands, so I have to get more gear to record. Now, my budget is around 800 bucks. Should I get a bass:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBASR506

And program the drums, until I save up enough to buy an electronic drumkit?

Or should I buy these drums:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DEPDIA3

And program the bass until I get enough to get the bass? This is for a metal band really. Let me know what your opinions are, thanks!

Plus there is the whole playing ability thing...I cant do anything on the drums except blast really fast with my hands, but no footwork. But on the bass, I can play it already cuz I used to use the one provided where I gave lessons

Any help appreciated
You should be able to get both.. I seen some decent kits for around $500, then just ebay a $300 good bass.

I got a Schecter Custom 4 for $250...
Quote by jetfuel495
Definitely the bass. You already have experience, and programming drums sounds a lot more normal. Meshuggah programmed the drums on their last album and just used samples in their recordings, I think.

Why would they program the drums when they have a drummer?
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
drums. they'll take longer to learn, and once you get the bass you'll have no need to 'learn' it because learning how to play guitar is learning how to play bass, essentially.
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.
Quote by The Contagen
Or play an instrument that doesnt follow the generic rock band formula and fit into your band?

What.....? Read: Its a ONE man band. (eg: Me. Only me). I can very easily fit in with myself, thanks. And its not generic rock, its metal dummy.
Quote by The Contagen
Or play an instrument that doesnt follow the generic rock band formula and fit into your band?

This.

I vote Ocarina

OF TIME!!!!!!!

I own this by the way
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by The Contagen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYORf212bKE

They seemed to be able to fit a variety of different instruments in and make it work well.

They also look like scene losers and wear girl pants, not to mention the songs are entirely made up of simple, stupid open chord breakdowns and the song sucks.

No, I dont want to suck.
Quote by The Contagen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYORf212bKE

They seemed to be able to fit a variety of different instruments in and make it work well.

Oh god that is so full of win
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Tanooki
drums. they'll take longer to learn, and once you get the bass you'll have no need to 'learn' it because learning how to play guitar is learning how to play bass, essentially.

This

Is this the right forum, shouldn't this be in Musician Talk? I'm confused!
So I just leave the report button alone
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by insideac
Ive watched that video way too many times over the pas few weeks

I doubt you have watched THAT video
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If you're going to do everything yourself I suggest you save up for an electric drum kit with midi connectivity.
basss because you've more experience
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!