jesus christ, i've been having too many problems. i bought a marshall 1959HW head and its been awesome, like WOW! i moved it too the attic because my parents and sister were getting tired of me practicing in the living room on full blast. and it worked fine then too. until just today, i turn it on and two of the power tubes were glowing completely instead of just the bottom and a little in the middle like usual and the volume sounded like it was cut in half. and then they started to turn blue in the middle instead of the usual red. so i decided to change them, but being that i don't have any new ones i used the ones that came with the amp that i feel like i had changed pre-maturely. and then i turn it on and now when i play any chords, i just get this crackely sound that fades away. and then i turn it off and it sounds just fine again and then fades to nothing (it always does that anyway). any help or past expierence stories would be nice. thank you.
Sounds like a problem with the tubes. Just get some new ones, nothing to worry about.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Quote by DiizZ
Sounds like a problem with the tubes. Just get some new ones, nothing to worry about.

but the question is which ones now. the pre amp or power tubes?
Quote by rocker1122
but the question is which ones now. the pre amp or power tubes?

You again?

Oh boy...

I am going to suggest checking your bias, and putting in the original tubes.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
You again?

Oh boy...

I am going to suggest checking your bias, and putting in the original tubes.

geez, that comment sounded a bit rude, don't you think?
Quote by rocker1122
geez, that comment sounded a bit rude, don't you think?

haha, i was kidding man...sheesh....i was saying "you again?" like as in another problem with your HW?....

anyways....

it sounds like the new set is most certainly either redplating or has too hot of a bias....which would make sense if the old tubes werent working either...

Try re-setting the bias to a colder rating, and then try that.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
haha, i was kidding man...sheesh....i was saying "you again?" like as in another problem with your HW?....

anyways....

it sounds like the new set is most certainly either redplating or has too hot of a bias....which would make sense if the old tubes werent working either...

Try re-setting the bias to a colder rating, and then try that.

well, at least you were kidding. i didn't want to get hated on the internet too.
Quote by rocker1122
well, at least you were kidding. i didn't want to get hated on the internet too.

lol no worries dude.

Have you checked the bias though?? I think that's your problem.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
lol no worries dude.

Have you checked the bias though?? I think that's your problem.

well, you gotta tell me how to do that. i'm not a huge amp tech, i'm more into building guitars. so could you give me some sort of walk through on this?
Quote by rocker1122
well, you gotta tell me how to do that. i'm not a huge amp tech, i'm more into building guitars. so could you give me some sort of walk through on this?

Umm...not exactly.... if you are uncomfortable doing this, I would suggest taking it to a tech.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Umm...not exactly.... if you are uncomfortable doing this, I would suggest taking it to a tech.

who knows, maybe my attic is haunted.