I finally got my electric and i'm really getting into soloing. In the past week I have attempted the solos to-
Seven Nation Army
Fade To Black (Intro and middle solo)
November Rain (Outro Solo)
The Unforgiven (Main Solo)

Seven Nation army was really easy. Fade to black, im just getting the fast bit 30 seconds in sorted out (I'll post a vid of me playing it once i'm done learning it, Is it better with Chorus or Phlanger?) November Rain was way to hard. I could to the slow bends bits then the beginning of the fast bit, but I just couldn't put it together. I can do bit's and pieces of The Unofrgiven solo (Around half of it altogether) but it's a bit to tough at the moment, but I gave it my best attempt.
What are some solos between these two levels? I want something around Fade To Blacks difficulty or a bit harder, but not to much. Any ideas? I have around 5 months playing experience.

EDIT: And I have started practicing 3-4 hours on weekdays and 5+ on weekends. It would be helpful if you could tell me how long it would take to learn aprox.
Last edited by GoldfishMoon at Aug 7, 2009,
what about
californiacation rhcp
dani california rhcp
one intro solo metallica
smells like teen spirit
intro solo to the bleeding by 5finger death punch
last summer lostprophets
master of puppets i shouldnt have to say who its by
Well i play like 8-12 hours a day but it's not how long you practice it's how you practice. If you do awkward chromatic and major/minor exercises up and down the fret board all day with a metronome you could probably play something much more complicated in a week.
Go for Seek and Destroy.
or Jump right into Tornado of souls.
or Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle to start getting a feel for sweeps.
Just make sure you always use a metronome!
Quote by notsominidude
what about
californiacation rhcp
dani california rhcp
one intro solo metallica
smells like teen spirit
last summer lostprophets

I forgot to mention, I already know Californication, One intro solo, and smells like teen spirit. And I said a LITTLE bit harder. Not MoP harder.
master of puppets first solo isnt that hard really
if you start at the bit where it goes clean at about 3:31 that next bits quite easy up to about 5:05min through the song
Quote by notsominidude
master of puppets first solo isnt that hard really
if you start at the bit where it goes clean at about 3:31 that next bits quite easy up to about 5:05min through the song

Oh, I thought you meant the other solo.
and 8-12 hours a day? I thought I played a lot......
Master of puppets solo is actually extremely easy. Only took like 3 minutes to learn. Seek and destroy is more challenging.
pulse of the maggots by slipknot, it will be a true test
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
Try RATM Settle For Nothing solo. Very jazzy and clean but technically challenging for a beginner.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
The first solo the 'The number of the beast' is easy and will help with Legato,

'Bark at the moon' for some fast and challenging Staccato,
I just looked at the Number of The Beast solo, and I'm going to attempt that, then Settle For Nothing after that.
Is giving something very difficult an honest and hard attempt but still failing better than playing easy things over and over again?
Is attempting all these solo that I can't play making me better overall?
Actually, you should learn both, easy and hard songs. Because doing just one of those can give you bad technique. If you learn only bits of songs, you end up not being able to connect things and having less stamina. And if you learn only easy songs, you end up with bad and inefficient technique.
Last edited by UNIe at Aug 8, 2009,
try these:
The intro solo from "The Count of Tuscany" by Dream Theater
the solo from "Right Side of the Bed" by Atreyu
the solo from "Critical Acclaim" by Avenged Sevenfold

these are pretty easy to learn and all of them have different skills to work on. Count of Tuscany has vibrato and legato, Right Side of the Bed has tapping, and Critical Acclaim helps you play fluidly and play with good vibrato. Good luck with learning!
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
A really easy one is, can't stop-RHCP that is a great song!!!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

RHCP

LED ZEP

HENDRIX

Hail SYD BARRETT
Quote by notsominidude
what about
californiacation rhcp
dani california rhcp
one intro solo metallica
smells like teen spirit
last summer lostprophets

The evil that men do-Iron Maiden
Man in the Box- Alice in Chains, actually look up some alice in chains they have some cool solos
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
to me mop solo is easier than right the lightning but i get stuck on weird things all the time ><
Gear:

Jackson rr3
Peavey vypyr 30
Monster rock cable
MoP is still waaaaaaay to fast for me. Maybe i'll try it in 4-5 months. I can do the first part of it at around 80 bpm sixteenth notes, but now i'm stuck, so i'm moving on.
Learn anything you want and don't worry about "levels" - just listen to the solo, if you like it learn it. You'll be able to tell if it's too hard and if so leave it for the time being. However, don't ever tell yourself a solo is "too easy" because there's no such thing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com