Alright, so I want to do some modifications to my guitar, however currently, my tune-o-matic bridge is in the way of me being able to do what I want. How do I remove the whole thing (post holes and all) to get at my guitar easier?
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Remove the bridge, take those thingys:

I forgot the name of these, and by using brute force pull them out. : ) easy as 1-2-3 : )
The post holes are pressed into the wood... they'll come out with some work, but it's not recommended. Sometimes removing them can cause major problems. (like not being able to get them back in snugly) Can't you tape them off and work around them?
Quote by Robertoodavid
How would you play a guitar without a bridge ??

I'm no MENSA member, but I'm pretty sure he intends on reassembling it before playing.
..... oh boy.
I have took out those things numerous times and put them back in without any problem. : )
Quote by Mekon
I have took out those things numerous times and put them back in without any problem. : )

Is there an easier way without applying a lot of brute force?

And how do you go about putting them back in, glue?
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Well when I took them out first 3 times, they just poped back in and were holding good, later when I was changing the tremolo once again I had to glue them back in cause the hole got loose and the were still holding good, however I wanted to be 100% they wont go off. : )
just wondering what would be the best way of puting them in? for the first time.

on my kit..
there pretty tight, should i just hammer them in?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Yeah, I used a hammer with a soft head, so there was like a cushion. Believe me, it is hard to explain, but believe me, if your hands grow in the right place, it is a really easy things to do. : )
mmk, i was just wondering if hitting it with a hammer was the right thing to do
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
look how I did, I inserted the thingy a little just in the hole, took a soft hammer, placed it on the thingy, then I hit the soft hammer with another hammer, this way the thingy wont get a BOOM effect. : ) This make a much more soft effect : ) I do not know maybe the word soft hammer is wrong, well it is a hammer which head is not made of metal but out of plastic+rubber. : )
Last edited by Mekon at Aug 7, 2009,
Ok the bushings of a tunomatic bridge have a hole in the bottom of them. I take a 3/16" or 1/4" rod or a dowel rod will do cut it down to 3/8" or 1/2" in length. Then put the dowel or rod into the center of the bushing hole make sure it is in the center then thread the post back into the bushing and it will raise the bushing out of the body of the guitar. Basically you are using the rod as a reverse type of press the rod will be pressing against the body of the guitar and when you screw the post into the bushing it will raise the bushing out because the post is hitting the rod which is hitting the body which is pushing out the bushing from the body. Do ya follow me? This does work very well! I just used this technique to get my kit back apart after a mock up of the build to make sure everything lined up good. Good Luck