Okey here's the deal. For my birthday I am getting my first 7 string guitar. It will be an Ibanez prestige RG1527.

But here's the thing. I will replace the pickups but I have no idea what pups I should put in there instead.

I play mostly progressive metal (but also a bit of everything) so the pickup should be good at soloing, clean stuff but mostly high-gain riffing.

For the bridge pup I want a real Chunk to it if you now what I mean. And it is important that the sound does not get thin and especially not muddy.

My top candidates for the bridge position are:

Dimarzio D-sonic 7

Dimarzio Crunch Lab 7

Dimarzio Evolution 7

I am afraid that the D-sonic will sound to metal/thin and compressed. I am afraid that the crunch lab will lack the output and chunk I want and I am afraid that I will not be able to control the Evolution.

I want a SCREAMER so I think I can rule out the Crunch Lab. I myself am leaning towards the Evolution.

For the neck I have two options:

If I will go for the D-sonic or the Crunch Lab I will use a Liquifire in the neck position. If I go for the Evolution I will probably use a Blaze neck.

So tell me your own experiences of the pickups, why you like them/don't like them.
Also if you have any other suggestions for a neck or if you think that I should use the Liquifire even if I go for the Evolution please tell me so.

Also,,, if you have tried the six-string versions of the pickups you can tell me about them as well.

Please UG help me with this
Quote by CoreysMonster
why do you want to change the pickups?

Because they are stock pickups and nothing compared to a set of dimarzios

Why don't you wait until you've got the guitar and actually know how it works with the rest of your rig. Then, if there's anything lacking with the tone assess the situation and see if a pickup swap is likely to help.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by D1D8ING
Because they are stock pickups and nothing compared to a set of dimarzios

so basically you hear people on UG saying the pickups suck and assume you have to change them? wait until you get the guitar first and THEN see if you want to change the pups.

EDIT: goddammit, steven!
I have tried the guitar with my the same rig as I got at a music store. The pickups were okey but lacked power, punch and output. That's why!:P
Quote by D1D8ING
I have tried the guitar with my the same rig as I got at a music store. The pickups were okey but lacked power, punch and output. That's why!:P

really, just wait and try it with your own rig. otherwise you'll just be guessing, also in what way did they lack power? were they muddy, undefined? maybe you just need thicker strings, IIRC the 1527's come with 9s. try changing to 10s first, I belive that could suffice.

other than that, if you insist on a pickup change, I would go with seymour duncans or EMG 707's, personally. or, if you want really hardcore pickups order some lundgrens.
and your "rig" is?
a roland cube 30...
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Quote by necrophilic
and your "rig" is?
a roland cube 30...

hadn't seen that

dude, definately keep the pickups and save for a better amp. that's why your guitar sounds so weak.
I'd second the new amp idea. But if you are genuinely happy with the tone from your amp, look into Bareknuckle seven string pickups. They cost roughly the same as a Dimarzio set, but in my opinion, sound better.