i already know all the major open chords, im working on minor now and then im gonna learn them all the way up the neck, but what should i learn after this?
it all depends on the type of music you like, i would play things like guns n roses, bit of love songs, rock and roll
yeah, it really does depend on what you want to play. If you want to play Jazz, learn dominant, subdominant, diminished, half diminished, augmented, then learn how to add 7ths, how to suspend notes and all that fun stuff. If not, learn arpeggios, modes, scales etc.
well i want to play rock and instrumental stuff, such as buckethead satch etc
do you know how chords are constructed?

if not, you should.

learning chord shapes without knowing that the A on the 4th string is the minor 7th of what you're playing will just confuse you in the long run.

it the same as scales, learning a "shape" wont get you very far.
im in the middle of learning how the chords are shaped thanks. But thanks for the help im gona start working on these later on.
minor 7th, major 7th, dom 7

learn lots of voicings for these.

learn other voicings of major/minor
Quote by MapOfYourHead

learning chord shapes without knowing that the A on the 4th string is the minor 7th of what you're playing will just confuse you in the long run.

Actually for a beginner, just knowing that chord is called A major is fine. They can learn the extra stuff over time.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Some people might think I'm being silly here, but if you're completly new to this, I'll say :
Power Chords. But not just that, as n00by as some might think they are, they are definitely one of the most, if not the most used chords in rock. Old school particularly.
But just playing them clear is not enough, you have to do them enough that your hand starts to burn, that is to say, hold firmly, accurately, and switch smoothly, at any given song.
Good songs to start with, are "Animals"-NickelBack and the intro in CanonRock, also check out some Metallica and Megadeth stuff, and Old School in General.
This is not easy, and thus practical, for anyone starting guitar.

The other basic also :
E D A..... maj7 sus blah blah blah
first though look for some info on how they are worked out, and the theory behind it.
Here's a good chart that I set up as my desktop wallpaper back then, helpful :
http://www.freeguitar-chords.com/guitar_images/guitar_chord_chart.jpg

Hope it helped out, Peace.
-theBeloved