so i walked into my local guitar shop yesterday and was looking around. the place doesn't typically carry any brand other than ESP and a few other not so well known brands. i happened to look up and noticed the guitar i've wanted since i've started playing. A 2003 gibson les paul standard. it's used but in damn near mint condition except for a few minor scratches on the back (not sure how those got there) and it's the same cherry sunburst (i think that's what it is) i've wanted. anyway he wants 1500 for it overall and is allowing me to put it on layaway for 3 months until i can pay it off completely. this kind of thing never happens to me and i'm wondering if i should go with it. the only thing holding me back is the fact that i'm a temp at a factory and could be let go at the drop of a hat and would be in an awful position. input would be greatly appreciated seeing as how i would really hate to let this go. thanks!
Does the shop let you pay it off by month, the two near me do, and I know people who have done that. I would go for it, but if you are really worried about your job don't, guitar is one of the most important things in my life, but there do happen to be some things that are more.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Guitars come and go mate If you are in a position where you can splurge then by all means do it but if you aren't then it may be wiser to save that money for a rainy day.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Guitars come and go mate If you are in a position where you can splurge then by all means do it but if you aren't then it may be wiser to save that money for a rainy day.

+1

there`ll be others and your taste may change..........like the saying says "good things come to those who wait".
Quote by ibanezgod1973
+1

there`ll be others and your taste may change..........like the saying says "good things come to those who wait".

THIS!!!!!!!