I am thinking of getting a emg h4 installed in my Jackson js series king v, in neck position. Firstly I know it is primarily designed for the bridge position but I personally like my bridge pickup I don't care its a jackson beginner pickup it sounds good it stays. I just want to know what sorta problems etc I might have with this thanks.
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
the output wont be balanced. the same one pickup would have more output when mounted in the neck position than if it were in the bridge. matched sets always have a hotter bridge pickup to compensate for this. it will still work but you might notice a volume drop when switching from neck to bridge when playing and it might not blend well together with lower output pickups.
I don't normally switch pickups during same song so will it still be that much of a problem? mainly i'm keeping other pickup in case I do not like the sound of the emg, plus since I really only need one pickup why pay for something I don't need?
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave