Hey guys, i have been working on this song of mine lately. i've written a few parts for it so far, basically i have an intro which is what i started with, then i tryed to get other parts, as i was trying to strive from traditional composing where you have a pattern that makes sense i was just winging it anything that sounded like it flowed well i would keep. but i am now having problems, i keep going back to the song and i keep doubting what i'm writing. it just doesn't seem like it flows anymore. so i was wondering if theres any way to make it flow better, i was trying to get it to flow out of the intro but every time i listen to it i doesn't do it the way i think it should.

if it helps i am going for a core style song, i'm striving for something that will sound like the math core confusion, but with melodic metalcore flow, if that makes sense.

thanks guys if you help
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by KoenDercksen
You should tell us what you have already...

For the mathcore effect, you could use things like repeating a 5/4 riff over a 4/4 beat. That confuses the listener.

The average listen that is
5.4 riff over a 4/4 backing, how is that possible...can you link me to an example?
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by turtlewax
5.4 riff over a 4/4 backing, how is that possible...can you link me to an example?

it's quite possible
Quote by turtlewax

after repeating the 4/4 riff 5 times and the 5/4 riff 4 times theyll meet up again.
ah...
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.