Ok, im in desperate need of a good practice amp as my line 6 just is not cutting it. I am currently an unemployed high school student. My budget is about $150 to maybe $225.
I have been looking at these two:

Fender Champion 600

Epiphone Valve Junior

I play mostly blues, classic rock, and some hard rock. Are these amps worth the money or should I get a different modeling or solid state amp? Thanks in advance.
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
wont get anything good with $225... save up more and get something better
those amps are great... the only problem is that the "distortion" comes from how loud you play, so if you want overdrive, you'll be playing pretty loud. you could always get an overdrive pedal tho too, but that could put you over-budget then..

or you could get the amp, then save up again for a tubescreamer
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Save more cash. The Vj really needs an EQ pedal. If you don't you will be very limited in what you can do.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
They are both excellent amps, and easily upgradable when you get some more money. The Valve has more 'grunt', and would probably suit your needs better. The Champ stays clean longer.

I got a Valve Jr., upgraded the speaker, and swapped the tubes to something a little lower-gain. It's got a long-plate 7025, which is a slightly less-hot 12ax7. The longer plate gives it just a tiny bit more headroom and sparkle.

It's the perfect practice amp, and sounds amazing in coffeehouses, small clubs, or anyplay where I'm not trying to be louder than a drummer. You could keep up with a jazz drummer or someone else that plays fairly quietly with it, but most drummers like to be loud
Quote by scott58
Save more cash. The Vj really needs an EQ pedal. If you don't you will be very limited in what you can do.

Maybe my gear makes me biased, but I strongly disagree. The EQ on the amp is 'preset' to what I really like. Sounds awesome with my Les Paul. The only time I feel it needs an EQ change is when using a distortion pedal, and those pretty much all have at least a tone knob.
Quote by jean_genie
Maybe my gear makes me biased, but I strongly disagree. The EQ on the amp is 'preset' to what I really like. Sounds awesome with my Les Paul. The only time I feel it needs an EQ change is when using a distortion pedal, and those pretty much all have at least a tone knob.

Really depends on how far you wanna go. I'm actually thinking about a second EQ pedal just for my distortion. Maybe over kill I don't know. I have a 10 band plugged in already along with my XT Live and separate distorton and fuzz. Not much i can't do with this amp and it's better then any other modeler i've plugged into with the exception of a Vetta and an axe-fx/tech21. See what happens when I plug in a Rebel 20 after the first of the year,
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Ok cool. I already have a Boss Blues Driver pedal, if that helps any. What would be some good EQ pedals to look at?
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
MXR 108 10 band.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo