What are the cleans like on them? I know that the distortion is simply golden, but I haven't really heard much about the cleans, and I don't have a store near me that sells them. I'm mainly talking about the Rockerverb 50W Combo. Thanks!
In regards to the question of the cleans. I have the RV50 and orange 2-12 cab. I play a LP custom mostly. The cleans are smooth and can be fender like at lower volumes and lean to the marshall side at high volumes. There is no master or gain control on this channel so you get more dirt at higher volumes. The treble and bass controls work very well. I can get jazzy round cleans with both pickups on up to a volume you could gig with. On the bridge, with the treble up and bass below half I can get into AC/DC tone... but its loud. What may susprise you is how good the dirty channel is. It sounds great for lower gain chording and does not sound like the typical high gain amp channel with the gain turned down. Very nice gain control and master volume set up. The reverb is strong however and I don't turn it up past one click. It is usable tho. I have had many amps and the range this amp offers from a limited amount of controls is staggering. It is very, very good. If all you play is clean...there are better options. If all you play is metal...there are better options. But to take you from jazz to rock and up past the heaviest stuff, there are not so many options. I do run it through a BBE sonic max rack but thats it. The BBE brightens it up as it is somewhat dark overall. If it has downfalls it is a lack of live switching as it is only two channels. I also wish it had independant reverb controls as it is very strong. Hope this helps.
Quote by g-plex
In regards to the question of the cleans. I have the RV50 and orange 2-12 cab. I play a LP custom mostly. The cleans are smooth and can be fender like at lower volumes and lean to the marshall side at high volumes. There is no master or gain control on this channel so you get more dirt at higher volumes. The treble and bass controls work very well. I can get jazzy round cleans with both pickups on up to a volume you could gig with. On the bridge, with the treble up and bass below half I can get into AC/DC tone... but its loud. What may susprise you is how good the dirty channel is. It sounds great for lower gain chording and does not sound like the typical high gain amp channel with the gain turned down. Very nice gain control and master volume set up. The reverb is strong however and I don't turn it up past one click. It is usable tho. I have had many amps and the range this amp offers from a limited amount of controls is staggering. It is very, very good. If all you play is clean...there are better options. If all you play is metal...there are better options. But to take you from jazz to rock and up past the heaviest stuff, there are not so many options. I do run it through a BBE sonic max rack but thats it. The BBE brightens it up as it is somewhat dark overall. If it has downfalls it is a lack of live switching as it is only two channels. I also wish it had independant reverb controls as it is very strong. Hope this helps.

The genre I am going for is pop punk, pop rock, alternative, and indie. Maybe some heavier stuff like Muse.
The cleans are good, but they would probably be much better with something other than V30's. I find them either too bassy with an LP, or too thin with a tele, but just about perfect with a strat. Shame there is no middle control, but when you boost the bass/treble, it'll scoop them.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
The cleans are good, but they would probably be much better with something other than V30's. I find them either too bassy with an LP, or too thin with a tele, but just about perfect with a strat. Shame there is no middle control, but when you boost the bass/treble, it'll scoop them.

Oh yes. And I use a '72 Tele Deluxe RI.
Personally, i love Orange's cleans, but that is coming from an AD30 perspective. The Rockerverb 50 has good cleans, there is no mid EQ on the clean channel, but it should fit your needs.
i love my orange. the dirt and clean tone are amazing if that helps any.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Raxef
The genre I am going for is pop punk, pop rock, alternative, and indie. Maybe some heavier stuff like Muse.

I feel it will cover those fine. Try to find some decent youtube clips to get a general idea. It does all kind's of rock just fine. But try to find one to try out. They can be hard to locate. In is price range there are an awefull lot of choices. If any one thing sticks out to me as the best point of the amp, it's how well the master volume works. I think it's the 6V6 tubes. It sounds better at low volume than most - all of the 50-100 watters I have owned. If you use it at home, you will appreciate that. It's not perfect, no amp is. I definately don't want to sound like I'm all gitty over the thing, but it's a very good sounding amp. The cleans are very nice and as one guy said if you turn up the bass and treble you can cut the mids that way, to get you more blackface tone. I actually like V30's just fine with this amp, but I like V30's. Some don't. V30's record well but they can sound shrill and sting your ears, just watch the treble. I hear good things about the Marshall VM but have not tried one out. Never had any luck with the newer Marshalls.