ok whenever i try to play anything.........it all comes out the dam same it sounds the same to me IM FREAKIN OUT i mean anywhere from just rythym to when i try to do a riff or solo it always winds up being the same steps and formation on the fret board.whooooow that was a long sentence.but i need to know two things for one
is it possible i just suck is it possible ill never be good at the guitar or do i just have to work harder.
and what the hell can i do to fix my little issue. THX IN ADVANCE MY FURY FINGERED FRIENDS
i feel like this is a troll...
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Play with your mind instead of your fingers.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
i have had a guitar for about 4 years but i only played maybe 2 of those years.i can play other bands stuff likr snow by red hot chili pepper under the bridge and alot of marilyn manson and some stuff by lamb of god and 2 slayer songs lol but i just cant seem to break this dam rutt im in
ok bros wth is a troll im not much for net lingo
Last edited by nut-sack at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by nut-sack
i have had a guitar for about 4 years but i only played maybe 2 of those years.i can play other bands stuff likr snow by red hot chili pepper under the bridge and alot of marilyn manson and some stuff by lamb of god and 2 slayer songs lol but i just cant seem to break this dam rutt im in

get a teacher.
You mean you can't write your own stuff because it all sounds the same? Try taking the guitar out of the equation for a bit, record yourself singing what you hear in your head, then transfer that to your guitar. And learning some theory wouldn't hurt - start with learning your major scale inside out, including how to harmonise it.
Learn guitar properly.
Learn some theory too.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
lol that maybe a big problem lol i still havent bothered to learn scales they look like they would be impossible to memorize.lol
do what the other person say
play with ur mind
become the listener
or use othe formations within the scale
i too had this problem but listen to more music outside metal
it make the mind create more ideas
thx for the advice everyone and one more thing if you all dont mind could you give me like 3 parts of music theory to start with i kno theres a load of it. and again i say thx
Try putting away the guitar when writing or composing, and instead notate in Finale or another notation program. The thing is when you're stuck in a rut your fingers will dictate your playing.
From the sounds of it you should also read up on some theory too.

Edit: Look up the crusade articles on this site and the theory sticky in this forum.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
Quote by nut-sack
thx for the advice everyone and one more thing if you all dont mind could you give me like 3 parts of music theory to start with i kno theres a load of it. and again i say thx
Learn the notes of the neck, intervals and the major scale. Check out Freepower's theory vids if that sounds daunting

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=58DA70A2123C71CD&search_query=freepower+ug+theory