how big is the difference between the AS103 and the AFS75T? Other than about $400 and all the specs?

Ive played the AFS and it is pretty nice, especially for like $400-500.

Are they really bad for feedback when playing with pretty high gain?
The AFS is a thinline, fully hollowbody guitar, while the AS103 is semi-hollowbody, with a solid block running the center. The AFS resonates more but feedbacks more easily than the AS, which negates feedback more effectively since only the wings are hollow.
Last edited by Whiskky at Aug 7, 2009,
Well, if you're trying to decide which one you want, I'd say go for the AFS. But then again, I don't own an AS103.......

But the AFS is absolutely amazing, and I love mine to death!
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Whiskky
The AFS is a thinline, fully hollowbody guitar, while the AS103 is semi-hollowbody, with a solid block running the center. The AFS resonates more but feedbacks more easily than the AS, which negates feedback more effectively since only the wings are hollow.

I have a built in noise gate on my amp. Would that help at all?
For high gain stuff, the AS is what I would go with. The AS103 is also a Custom model and is a pretty all around amazing guitar. The AFS75, while a great guitar, is a base model, with lesser pickups, a one piece neck(vs 5 on the AS103), and doesn't have all the cosmetic touches the Custom models have.