I am supposed to be "responding to editorials" for my summer assignment. First of all, I don't know how to do that. But thats unimportant. What IS important is one of the editorials I choose must study the differences between a liberal and a conservative writing on the same topic" I can't find this anywhere =(
Thanks.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Last edited by Pinky19 at Aug 7, 2009,
Avoid issues of liberty, because that tends to unite left and right. Do something with an easy left/right split, like Torture.
Quote by Stormx
Avoid issues of liberty, because that tends to unite left and right. Do something with an easy left/right split, like Torture.

If I find an editorial on something such as that, I am never able to find one from the opposing side. Or tell which side the one I have is on ='(

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Well, go to fox news and find a pro-torture article, and then go to guardian.co.uk and find an anti-torture article. it's pretty simple :/
Quote by Stormx
Well, go to fox news and find a pro-torture article, and then go to guardian.co.uk and find an anti-torture article. it's pretty simple :/

On the list of "acceptable periodicals" my teacher didn't put Fox news

But I guess I don't reall have a choice but to do this. Not sure how Im going to head the paper now, tho...

Ohh well, thanks Stormx.

<3

What are your allowed sources? If you don't care and want to do it the easy way, go on wikipedia and read what bias the source is.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
There are very few REAL right-wing periodicals that have mass appeal. Most of the public's consumption of right-wing media is through bull**** like Fox.

Could you copy&paste the list of allowed periodicals?
Quote by Stormx
There are very few REAL right-wing periodicals that have mass appeal. Most of the public's consumption of right-wing media is through bull**** like Fox.

Could you copy&paste the list of allowed periodicals?

NY Times
Washington Post
Harpers
Atlantic Monthly
The New Yorker
Miami Herald.

But Im pretty sure as long as it is a big name corporation, then I can use it. And if not, oh well. Im failing in anyways.

As a brit, I don't know much about them. I guess read up on wikipedia and check their slant?
Just don't do it, and say that your religion forbids you from doing schoolwork over the summer. (Or you could also say it forbids you from doing any work at home so you can get out of homework too )
Ross Douthat does conservative editorials for the New York Times. Find one of his. Look at the topic. Search the same topic 'til you find a liberal one. Done.