Page 1 of 7
Im in america atm, on vacation. Im a 16 year old guy from england, and I like to drink, not everyday, and not too much. When I was in the shop with my dad, he got IDd while buying some alcohol, when he is like 50.

Seriously, I cant wait to get back to England, where in some shops I can buy alcohol and spend a good night chilling with my friends in my house or down the river.

There are thousands of statistics I could spew up, but Ill cut to, and say that I think it is ridiculous that there is such a taboo on teenagers drinking in the US. Please, bring on the arguments, I want to hear them, also from some people in and out of the US who agree with me.

Also, cant wait till I get to France in a couple of weeks, where I can actually legally buy booze.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
I think it should be lowered too. I live in the U.S.

Frankly though everyone here drinks. It's not like you can't get your hands on booze.
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
Kids get there hands on beer if they need to anyway, the age restriction helps some, but not enough.

I think the 21 age is great, most kids are irresponsible and are stupid enough as is, beer just impairs those already low senses.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
I dunno, im 19 and I live in the US and I don't think its that bad.. Maybe 19 would be a good age. Keep it out of HS kids hands. Or even 20. But I don't think it's too bad
i'm 18 in four months and i'll finally be able to buy it here (legaly)

but i may go to america during my university course, so once again i'll have to wait T_T

i think it's a bit hight tbh
na i think 19-20 would be fine instead of 21, and also i hear they're trying to raise the limit on when you get your liscense. any body have any info on that
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
It should be 18, imho.

Though I don't know what you americans have to look forward to, with your "beer".
It should be lowered. It's pretty damn easy to get alcohol if you're underage, the age limit doesn't do a whole lot.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Having it at 21 is just retarded IMO.

I heard that in Holland it's 16 for soft alcohol (ie beer or wine) and 18 for spirits. For me that makes a lot more sense.

Although TBH anybody underage (within reason) that wants drink enough WILL get it.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
in Belgium you can buy beer when ur 16 and for things like bacardi and martini, you need to be 18.
But i never got iD'd when i went to a department store or other shop while buying alcohol...
and i'm 15 btw
You can drive when you're 16 but you can only drink when you're 21, right?

If thats true then it's a bit stupid I think, at least the driving side of the question. If you're not responsible enough to drink why would you be to drive.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
yeah the number one reason for teen death over here is drunk driving. I don't think we would be helping anything by lowering the drinking age. I'm 16, BTW and i don't drink only smoke.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Last edited by humperdunk at Aug 7, 2009,
it should be 18. Canada has it at 19, but in Quebec its 18 so it's fine. in american when you turn 18, you are allowed to join the military and die for your country, but you aren't allowed to drink alcohol. that's not right. if you're about to get stationed in the middle east or something, you should at least be allowed to have a drink with your buddies the night before.
Well they still go to school at 18 in America so kids would be showing up with hangovers. Students and stuff do that here in the UK but we are more br00tal.
i think it should be lowered to 15
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
it should be 18. Canada has it at 19, but in Quebec its 18 so it's fine. in american when you turn 18, you are allowed to join the military and die for your country, but you aren't allowed to drink alcohol. that's not right. if you're about to get stationed in the middle east or something, you should at least be allowed to have a drink with your buddies the night before.

if you're in the military you're allowed to drink at 18.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
i think it should be atleast 18 cause 21 is a random ****ing number someone just pulled from there ass in washington
iron FUCKING maiden!!!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

+1000000000000
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Canada FTW. it's 19 in most provinces and 18 in Alberta and Quebec. i think it works well, because it's not that high. when you put it into perspective, you can legally drink in your 2nd year of uni/college if you go there directly after High School. it gives you the first year to get things in order.

like it's previously been mentioned, it's not like it's retardedly hard to get alcohol when you're 16 anyways, but i think that 18-19 is a good legal age.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I am 20 and I work at the corporate offices of a biomedical device company during the summer while I don't have college to worry about.

It really sucks because coworkers invite me to happy hours and such and I can't even go.

+1 to lowering drinking age.
Quote by asator
Having it at 21 is just retarded IMO.

I heard that in Holland it's 16 for soft alcohol (ie beer or wine) and 18 for spirits. For me that makes a lot more sense.

Although TBH anybody underage (within reason) that wants drink enough WILL get it.

+1

im underage and i managed to be drunk for two weeks straight...stupid but alas
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Manitoba is 18 too! Pretty sure another province is too...
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by CrackerJack465
I dunno, im 19 and I live in the US and I don't think its that bad.. Maybe 19 would be a good age. Keep it out of HS kids hands. Or even 20. But I don't think it's too bad

This

I really don't think we need MORE high school seniors going out and getting drunk.
Quote by Dealer16
If thats true then it's a bit stupid I think, at least the driving side of the question. If you're not responsible enough to drink why would you be to drive.

That's nothing, they're old enough to vote and go to war before they can drink too.
Drinking age limit just causes kids to go out and rebel against their parents. Lol at the USA and their silly laws.

Yes I live in the USA.
University of Kentucky Wildcats Football - (5-4)
Cincinnati Bengals - (6-2)
Cincinnati Reds - (78-84)

Ugly Poop Colored Text

My last.fm
add me as a friend, fool.
18 for beer and wine, 21 for hard stuff... I'd settle for that. Think it could be 18 for everyone... but now that I'm almost 21, I really don't care.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

*ahem*

Manitoba! one more year mofukas!
Yeah it should be lowered.

But I have a fake I.D. anyways, so fuck it.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Here in Portugal it's 16 for alcohol and 18 for driving. And I think that's pretty right, even though I started drinking before I turned 16 a few weeks ago, always with my friends just hanging out or something. I really disagree with the age limits on the USA. Driving a car is a much bigger responsibility than drinking a beer or two (or even stronger stuff).
Gear:

PRS SE Singlecut Trem Black
ProDrive Tube 30w Amp
Valencia CG-170 (acoustic)
Quote by Tedward
*ahem*

Manitoba! one more year mofukas!

bugger. that makes Quebec, Manitoba, Alberta. It appears Ontario is just being a hard ass. 1 more year for me to drink legally in Ontario. FTW!
Kids are gunna get their hands on alcohol anyway, all the age limit is doing is screwing over kids that are trying to get scholarships and making it an easy way for the US to get money from kids that are caught. but thats just my opinion

EDIT: also i live in North Dakota where i can get my license at the age of 14. so yeah, no idea whats going on with the license
Where I want to be.
It's not the damn alcohol that's the problem, its the person. Parents need to do their job or the kids need to stop being retarded and that's the problem, not the alcohol. It should definitely be 18. It's the same argument that can be applied to owning guns, which are legal and potentially much worse than alcohol, "guns don't kill people, people kill people."

I also got pissed trying to go to Dave and Busters, you have to be 21 or have someone 25 or older if you are under 21. I'm ****ing 18 and I can't go to a place to play pool, get food, and play arcade games?
In BC its easier to get weed than alcohol. also the age is to protect kids because there liver isn't developed.
Also, I smoke a bit, and in two weeks here in the us, Ive had one cigarette, which I brought here on the plane. This is killer, I need to go back and buy some stuff!
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

There's a difference between being brave and being responsible though. The military (well, at least the Navy) doesn't allow anyone to get drunk while on active duty, and IIRC, alcoholics aren't allowed to join until they get help.

But I digress, less than 1% of the American population serves in the United States Military, it is the greatest service you could ever give to your countrymen. You sign up, knowing full well that your life will be in danger, but you're doing it for 300 million people you've never met. Enlisting in the Military is a huge act of bravery.

Drinking is a huge gamble with responsibility that most teens 18 and under can't handle.