Today I bought some guitar polish to make my Schecter Hellraiser shine. I went into the guitar shop and asked for some guitar polish for a guitar with a high gloss finsih and he recomended Kyser Dr. Stringfellow Guitar Polish.

So I buy it, bring it home and read up on the directions of use and the rest of it. I then discovered some writing which says 'Best polish for guitars and other wood surfaces' . This worried me as I now feel this polish is for a wood finish guitar and not suitable for my glossy schecter eventhough I asked the man in the shop about it.

Has anyone used this polish on a glossy guitar? Is it ok to use?
I don't use any polish at all..at least not on the body finish...

Just a nice clean cotton rag (like a Tshirt) and some elbow grease (maybe a little spit).
Makes it shine really nice.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Quote by ibanezgod1973
try it on a small area on the back in a 'corner' just remember wax on, wax off

Yeh, this is what I was planning on doing but I don't want to open the polish to find it is no good and can't take it back. Plus my guitar is my baby and I don't know if I could stand any tiny imperfection.
Quote by jonmo1
I don't use any polish at all..at least not on the body finish...

Just a nice clean cotton rag (like a Tshirt) and some elbow grease (maybe a little spit).
Makes it shine really nice.

saliva glands are in your mouth not on your elbow
Ok I've finally come to the conclusion that this is not the right polish for me. I've been googling for a while and it seems it is for fretboards and other oil treat wood surfaces. Guna take it back to the shop 2 moro and get it changed. Not happy, the guy in there recomended it =[.

Admins are free to close this thread now =]
Quote by Tedward
saliva glands are in your mouth not on your elbow

Elbow grease is just a figure of speech, meaning to put effort into it. He means using his arms to scrub/wipe at it.

You might want to watch out with the polish, I've asked about it before and the guy I spoke with recommended one type of polish for the glossy finish and then lemon oil for the fretboard, which is unfinished wood. I got Dunlop 65 for glossy body polish, and it works very well.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.