Years ago, I used to run this 15 watt Marshall head (it was from those micro stacks they made) through a 50 watt combo amp I used to have. I'd basically put the head in the same place of the chain you'd put a stomp box. It made a really cool tone, but the volume and feedback were way to temperamental. I was wondering if anyone else's tried doing the same thing.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
You plugged it in where!?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
IIRC, that was used occasionally in the earliest days of rock music to get some gross sounding distortion. Of course, they eventually found out that it blew amps up, so they stopped
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Isn't this called re-amping? If so we have a few people here that do this. KevinSaale, Riffhog, and Bartdevil_metal I think all have re-amp rigs.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
TT86: Re-amping is when an attenuator is used though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i run three amps into one signal.
check my page. its called marshall-fender-peavey mixture 1 and 2.
i couldnt live without it man!
you gotta have a good ear to fine tune it. it took me weeks to really smooth it all out!
I do it with my Tube setup by putting my Yale in front and taking a line out to the power amp in on the Roost. I do it because the EQ! on the Roost is garbage and the one on the Yale is delicious. So I get great range and Fender cleans at manic levels (or would if anything over 2 on the master would leave the foundations in place.)
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

You've got to be very careful doing this, you'll end up wrecking the transformers (possibly the most expensive single part of an amp). With cheap SS practice combos you'll probably be alright, but don't try it with anything of value!
Trust me, the amps I had at that time were nothing of value at all. Damn, I don't think I'd even heard of UG when I was doing that.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
Quote by darkarbiter7
TT86: Re-amping is when an attenuator is used though.

Oh, so then would you attenuate in between, to bring the signal back down to line level?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Oh, so then would you attenuate in between, to bring the signal back down to line level?

Reamping is a recording technique, it's unrelated to running amps into one another.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Now all you need is a dimebucker in your tele and your set.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

-George Carlin
Quote by petterblo
Now all you need is a dimebucker in your tele and your set.

Oh you know it....but can I make it make gameboy sounds???or is it too much of a hi-fi amp that I should use it as such?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.