I was thinking about getting this as my first guitar,I defiantly want a 7 string.But a friend of mine said that because it didnt have a neck pick up playing leads on it would suck.Is this true?I would like to play both rhythm and lead but would it be possible with this guitar?
Of course it's possible....
Neck pickups lend themselves to lead playing better though.
What 7 string with similar specs would you recommend?I really liked how it had no fret markers and would like to have a guitar with out them.
Quote by Dead Man Typin
What 7 string with similar specs would you recommend?I really liked how it had no fret markers and would like to have a guitar with out them.

Why are you hell-bent on a 7 string? Just curious.
Quote by Vikingx

Most the metal I listen to uses 7 string guitars,I liked to have the extra string for palm muting to make it heavier,just little stuff like that.
Quote by Vikingx

cuz dey br00tal br0

Seriously tho, check out Schecter...they have a lot of 7 strings in different price ranges.
Yeah,I looked at the schecter damien without the tremolo.Would that be a better rhythm and lead guitar?
7-strings have an uncomfortable neck which is wider to accommodate the extra string so as a first guitar I'd personaly go for a 6 string which can play metal (Assuming thats what you want it for) just as well on a dropped tuning. I have friends who have bought 7 stringed guitars as their first and then sold then because they found it uncomfortable to play.

And about the neck pick-up, there's ways around it but why limit your self when you can get a guitar with a neck pick-up.
Quote by mikey_360

And about the neck pick-up, there's ways around it but why limit your self when you can get a guitar with a neck pick-up.

So is it a big enough deal that it would seriously damper my leads?
Quote by mikey_360
7-strings have an uncomfortable neck which is wider to accommodate the extra string so as a first guitar I'd personaly go for a 6 string which can play metal (Assuming thats what you want it for) just as well on a dropped tuning. I have friends who have bought 7 stringed guitars as their first and then sold then because they found it uncomfortable to play.

This is exactly what I had in mind

Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
cuz dey br00tal bro

What? I'm sorry... I don't speak jive.
Quote by Dead Man Typin
Yeah,I looked at the schecter damien without the tremolo.Would that be a better rhythm and lead guitar?

I would say yes, because eventually you can replace the pickups.