I bought a classical guitar at an auction on an impulse a few days ago. I made a thread asking about how I should go about lowering action on it, if I even should. I now bring the same question here.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1177227

Here's the original thread. The pictures are on the last post. Can someone confirm if this is pitch action, and explain how I lower it?

Thanks alot.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Anyone?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
I think that the only way to do it is to change the saddle.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

-George Carlin
So I just need to sand the bottom of the bridge down a bit?
CuSO4

I don't think you understand classical guitars. They're supposed to have obscenly high action. They're all pretty much like that.

But, you can take out the white piece of plastic, bridge, and sand down the bottom. Its only gonna help a little bit.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
You're right. I don't know anything about classical guitars. My gr(eat)uncle is arriving soon, he might be able to tell me if it is really too high.

Presuming I still want it lowered, what grit sandpaper do you suggest?
CuSO4

As mentioned before, action on classical guitars are usually very high compared to acoustics. If you want to sand it down, sand it gently with 220 going to 400 grit paper considering the bridge should be close enough to the final height.

Make sure to sand so the bottom of the bridge is square, so it has proper contact everywhere. You should keep the action near 7-8/64" (when fretted on the 1st fret, measured at the 12th, from top of fret to bottom of string), which is a typical action for classical guitars.
Last edited by velly69 at Aug 8, 2009,