I'm starting recording vocals and I love voice delay and reverb in my songs, so I was wondering how can I achieve that? Should I record the vocals and then add delay/reverb on cubase?

I also look forward to play the songs live so I'm going to need those same effects to apply to my voice (in choruses etc). Obviously I won't have cubase so i guess I'll need an effects processor am I right? Which one do you guys recommend? (also if the effects processor works as I imagine, I could just record my vocals with the effect already).

Thank you!
I honestly don't recamend useing alot of effects if your going to sing the songs live.
yeah youll need a vocal processor. and Lots of people use effects life its just that good quality vocal effects are expensive as ****
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Some mixers come with usable effects and some come with aweful ones. If you are in the market for a board too you could find one with good effects & make due with that for a while. Eventually, you would probably want a good vocal processor. They are great for doing harmonies and all sorts of things.

Also, I wouldn't worry about having recorded and live sounds be exactly alike. Lo9ad up on your recording if you wish and do what you can live. They don't have to sound exact!
Guitar & Bass
Quote by TechnoLp
yeah youll need a vocal processor. and Lots of people use effects life its just that good quality vocal effects are expensive as ****

Wow I had no idea. I'm not going to use a lot of effects. Like I said before, it's just something very simple like a delay or reverb. Is there any delay pedal for the vocals? Or maybe use the delay pedal I have (for guitar) on vocal signal?

The way I see it it's very simple and shouldn't really be that expensive
most standard delay pedals will work with vocals, use in your mixers FX chain when going live.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
most standard delay pedals will work with vocals, use in your mixers FX chain when going live.

Yes, I was thinking about that. However I'm not sure how to do it.

Should it be like: mic -> PA -> delay pedal?
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
mic>pedal>pa

no it would be better to run the pedal through the boards effects loop.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm