What does sound better for a guitar amp, a 10 inch or a 12 inch speaker? I guess the 12 inch has more bass, but if i buy a 10 inch im afraid that it gets too "powerless"

Tips, help?
Thanks.
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
I'd go 12" also. I've had a few amps with 10's and I missed the response of a 12"
What do you mean by "powerless?" If you're talking about volume, there isn't too much of a difference of volume between 10 and 12 inch speakers.

EDIT: I just thought of an analogy

Think of the speaker as your mouth... If you have your mouth open a little and sing a note, you don't get as "full", for lack of a better word, of a tone than if you would open your mouth wider. I'm not quite sure if this analogy works very well, but I hope you get what I'm trying to explain.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
What do you mean by "powerless?" If you're talking about volume, there isn't too much of a difference of volume between 10 and 12 inch speakers.

True, true...
the 12" pushes more air... SPL and all.
Depends on what you play and the amp. 12s have more bass response, even compared to the same surface area of 10s.

Then again a 6x10 is a pretty epic stoner metal cab.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2