For lack of a good reason, I collect old DOD pedals... yeah, they have a bad rep, and often they do sound blah when compared to better ones... but I get them for cheap off eBay...

So I got a first version of the DOD FX55-B Super Distortion, not to be confused with the Supra Distortion... The far left one in this pic:

http://www.americaspedal.net/fx55b/

Played it by itself then with/with out a modded FX80-B compressor in front followed by an FX40-B EQ, and either an FX75 Flanger, an FX65 Chorus, or FX20-B Phasor into an FX90 Delay...

Not very impressive... but it fits in between the FX50-B Overdrive Plus and the FX56 American Metal in terms of gain. It is reasonably quiet unless you dime everything, it sucks tone like the average DOD when off, but it just doesn't do anything exceptionally well...

I bought it because the FX52 Classic Fuzz (which I also have) is supposed to be a related circuit... very similar in sound although the FX55-B sounds more like a distortion than a Fuzz...

Maybe with a tube amp with some head room, it might sound better but it most likely may still be only polishing a turd.

Back to your regular programming...
Last edited by irnmadn88 at Aug 7, 2009,
I said I didn't have a good reason... a cheap pedal cheap is all I can tell ya...
Quote by buddyboombotz
Of course something worse sounds worse than better pedals.

I can agree with that... how else would you know what great sounded like if one never heard worse?