I play a Ibanez RG120 model and I am thinking about upgrading to something better, I want a sweet metal style guitar for less than $1,000. the one I want is the Xiphos xtp 700, extended 27 fret, but nobody has any good info on it.

I like the feel of Ibanez but I know theirs alot of other options like Schelter, BC Rich and even Gibson.
What amp are you using? Getting an expensive guitar and playing it through a crap amp isn't a good idea.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

you can definitely count on Ibanez' to shred.

Its just that if they have an Edge III, youll only be shredding for about a year before the trem goes to ****, less if you don't take care of it or abuse it. (EDIT: from what Ive heard/read)

If you wanna check out Schecter I would recommend the BlackJack ATX series. The ATX FR is amazing, with an Original Floyd Rose and Blackouts.

Or you could check out the LTD M-1000 or MH-1000, or the EX-1000.
I wouldn't recomend bc.rich's though. Maybe jackson?
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
Jackson is as metal as it gets - you CAN'T go wrong with a good Jackson. (In your price range a dinky or something)

However for a bit more:
Jackson Soloist = AWESOME
Try out a Schecter Blackjack ATX FR or a Hellraiser C-1 FR. Can't go wrong with an Original Floyd Rose and EMGs (at least in the Hellraiser).
How's the RG120? I was thinking about getting one as an upgrade from a starcaster, then mod it from there, like new pick-ups, new trem, etc...
Quote by KindOfDisturbed
I use a Pevery amp. only 15 watt and its the new Vyper series. its cool but I want a new one too

That's a fairly solid practice amp. If it were a Line 6 Spider or something I'd recommend you upgrade immediately but the Peaveys are pretty good.
Quote by KindOfDisturbed
I use a Pevery amp. only 15 watt and its the new Vyper series. its cool but I want a new one too

Then it'd be better to split your budget and get both a new guitar and amp.

A used 5150 would be a good amp choice for metal.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Get an Ibanez S470DXQM or an ESP EC-401. Use the rest of the money to get a used 5150 or wait until the 6505 112 comes out.
Definitely look into the ESP LTD 401 series of guitars, very well made and have great features, and you'll have money left to invest in an amp or other gear you may need.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Then it'd be better to split your budget and get both a new guitar and amp.

A used 5150 would be a good amp choice for metal.

+1 The 5150 was made for metal. And as for guitars well do you want a floating bridge or not? How many frets? Anything else in particular you want (neck joint, colours, pickup combinations)?
Quote by Charlie4
Jackson is as metal as it gets - you CAN'T go wrong with a good Jackson. (In your price range a dinky or something)

However for a bit more:
Jackson Soloist = AWESOME

I can testify from personal experience that this above statement is absolutely true
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL