I'm looking for a good delay pedal that doesn't cost too much. I was thinking about the Ibanez DE-7 and the Deltalab DD1, but read mixed reviews for both. I read that the Ibanez isn't too reliable and breaks sorta easily. So I turned to the Boss DD-3. I'm going to look for it used for around $70, which is still pushing my budget a little bit.

But my question is, would I be able to play songs like "The Adventure" by Angels & Airwaves and the intro to "When It Rains" by Paramore?
I got mine for $70. I don't know the songs you listed but its good for a Modest Mouse style ping pong delay. The repeats are a little digital sounding, but its only really noticeable when you have a lot of repeats. Look up '3rd Planet' by Modest Mouse. I can nail that tone with it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Any digital delay will get you those sounds, including the DD3.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
If you can go $100 used try to find a carbon copy. It really sounds a lot better then the DD-3.

Not to say that the DD-3 is bad though, it sounds fine (Actually a DD-2 is really good if you can find one)
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Awesome! $100 is a bit too much for me, to be honest. But I'll keep my eyes open for those (even a used CC), thanks.
My girlfriend gave me the Digitech DigiDelay for my birthday yesterday (7th august).

i think its pretty awesome, love the looper on it. great to use; simple, effective, great sounding
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Boss DD-3s are great for the money, if you can find it used (which you always will), then you're golden.
It took me a while to tweak my tone on it, but I have and its great.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Awesome. Do you think that if I go to a guitar store and look in their used section, that I'd be somewhat highly likely to find a used DD-3 for a reasonable price?
Quote by MoreThanAMemory
Awesome. Do you think that if I go to a guitar store and look in their used section, that I'd be somewhat highly likely to find a used DD-3 for a reasonable price?

You'd be better off checking your local Craigslist and eBay.
Ohhh..I see. Mmm, well that's unfortunate. I was hoping to just drop by at a shop or something ahaha.