Our Vocalist doesn't show up for practices so we (the band) have decided to fire her but we're good friends with her but we don't want to ruin out friendship, so has any one got any ideas on how to fire her nicely? lol
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Just say exactly what you said. "You're a great singer and a nice girl, but we would like to be more active and therefore want a singer who can show up for practices more. Thanks a lot though."
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
Kewl, thanks for the input (Y)
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
' you don't show up to practice anymore, you're lacking in commitment and we would like you to remain our friend but not our bandmember '

by text of course
Give me a good night, or gtfo of the band.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

"If you don't show up to practices then we will have to find a new singer.
We can't get better as a band if the whole band isn't at the practice session."

There. At least show her that there's a chance for her to stay. And if she doesn't change her ways, fire her ass. Nicely.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Ask her why she hasnt been coming to practices. Then try to discuss with her if she is gonna actually practice with the band in the future, or continue missing practices. If you get to the point where its clear that she isnt going to come, just say "Alright, I dont think you should continue being in the band then."

So basically, give her a chance to defend herself, maybe she's willing to change. If not, then just politely make it clear that you guys are more serious about this and dont want her anymore.

OnEDIT: ^basically what i was trying to say
Don't expect the friendship to be perfectly fine after, it will be different. My band "fired" our old singer a bit over a year ago, and our friendship with the guy hasn't been back to how it was until a few months ago. Try your hardest not to mention the band around her from now on though, that's key.
There is no one right way to fire a bandmember, because each situation will be different. If you have a personal relationship with the person, and you are afraid firing them will affect that relationship, then tough ****, next time think twice before enlisting a friend, family member or girlfriend/boyfriend as a band member.

I just recently had to fire two members at once. The drummer was sub-par and under motivated, and the bass player thought his years of playing cover gigs in the big city made him the resident expert, and he decided to develop an opinion about our set list after we already had the songs in place and rehearsed. All in all, it made for a very counter productive unit and I grew tired of attempting to make it work. So I emailed them both and said I was walking away, no hard feelings, etc. I didn't come right out and say "I'm firing your asses." But that's exactly what I was doing.

I hate firing band members because of the potential emotional outburst, negative feelings etc.. And also because it puts me behind, and I have high standards regarding bandmates. Good players are not easy to come by, and those who have "it" are even harder to come by.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Quote by Brian 1.0
Just say exactly what you said. "You're a great singer and a nice girl, but we would like to be more active and therefore want a singer who can show up for practices more. Thanks a lot though."

Exactly.

Doing it in person is probably for the best as well.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.