Well my solo's sound very saddening. I'm entering something tommorow and I need to spice up my solo's. I need a rock sounding solo or something like SRV style solo but his are more rockish than mine.

Share some licks with me

At least help me finding a youtube video.

EDIT:
today is the competion in front of 300 people or something.
I seen this guy playing yesterday night, he was very good but i think i can stand a chance. He's a riffy guy and not really soloish type

But still...HELP ME!
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Last edited by vinnie-watt5 at Aug 8, 2009,
Number one is, if you want to play similar to SRV, play in the minor pentatonic, and blues pentatonic.
There are many different techniques and "spices" to add to your playing, so first I would reccomend to listen to one of your favorite guitarists solos, and either transcribe it yourself or look up a tab(although this isnt very helpful for technique).
Then, observe on what the guitarists does that you don't do, such as a specific vibrato, repeating a certain lick, slides, hammer on's and pull offs, etc. Watch close ups of those artists playing also, that would help greatly. But don't try to "copy" them in your own solos, (such as the same notes and stuff) but definitely incorporate those specific techniques. I'm not much of an expert on this stuff, but that is how I improved on improvising. Lets wait for the technique experts to reply, haha.
scales. lots of shapes and modes
also try double stop and uni-bending
double stop:
-12b-
-12b-

uni:
-12---
-15b-

i think so
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
amp doesn't matter :P
Quote by Nesha Strah
scales. lots of shapes and modes
also try double stop and uni-bending
double stop:
-12b-
-12b-

uni:
-12---
-15b-

i think so

if you bend it enough that it goes unison u'll get a cool sound

good luck at your show-thingy
I like metal

Gear (still working on it ) :

Epiphone SG G-310
Marshall MG10cd
Boss MT-2 Metal zone

Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
^listen to him

Metalli-freak
E|--17p14------14--17p14--17p14------14--17p14--17p14------14--|
B|------------17--------------------------17--------------------------17------|

If you're fast try something like this, Kirk Hammett uses it a lot and it sounds really awesome with distortion
I like metal

Gear (still working on it ) :

Epiphone SG G-310
Marshall MG10cd
Boss MT-2 Metal zone

Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
^listen to him

Metalli-freak
Use the intervals to your advantage. I believe there's a note in the minor pentatonic 3 steps above the root note that can add a lot of flavor to the whole thing.
Oh, and as mentioned before, get those bends, double stops, and unison bends in there, and don't be afraid to pull-off to open strings.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Share more licks please
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.