right.... ive been playing for around a year now and im getting bored of my amp. ive recently upgraded my guitar from my little strat copy starter to a peavey rotor ex, ive bought a zoom g1x multi effects pedal and now im looking to upgrade my amp. so on my zoom ive got all the settings i need. ive got nice distortions, reverb and other fx, clean settings everything i need and i only ever run my amp on the clean setting, but my amp came in a starter pack and is only ten watt and im looking to upgrade to like a thirty watt or more. i dont see the point in buying an amp with fx as i wont use them. any larger amps without fx you can reccomend....?
What is your budget?

What styles (genres) of music do you play?

Do you gig live a lot?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
every amp EXCEPT Line 6s, Marshall MGs, Vox Valvetronix, and maybe an odd one or two from some other brands. most good amps DONT have any effects.
Gear:
Gibson Goth Explorer
Fender Gemini II
Dean Cemetery Gates Rzrbck
Marshall MG250 (screw you guys everyone i kno loves this amp)
Digitech Whammy IV
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss NS-2
MXR 10 Band EQ (black, not blue)
Quote by pantallica95
every amp EXCEPT Line 6s, Marshall MGs, Vox Valvetronix, and maybe an odd one or two from some other brands. most good amps DONT have any effects.

No.

The Line6 Vetta series, flextone series and the HD147 amps are actually very killer, and all are digital modeling amps.

The vox valvetronix amps are great little amps, but IMHO not worth getting the larger models.

The blanket statement about most good amps not having effects is not true either. See above.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
^ He never actually said they were bad amps, TS asked what amps have FX and he gave an answer

But yeah TS we need a bit more info. Where are you as well?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

In answer to your questions
i play like a lot of stuff i play things ranging from green day and the offspring to like slayer and bullet, im not really any great lyk lead player all my solos are pretty simple but effective blues solos im working on moving more towards metal with my teacher though
i dont really play gigs so im not going to need lyk 100 watts or anything
and as in budgetwise well i have about 200 hundred quid to spend
Right, giving this advice on the assumption that you want a decent amp you can hold on to for a while and just upgrade other stuff as well..

The blackheart little giant head would be pretty good. That's on iMuso (google it) for £139.00 and you can use the remaining cash to get a 1x12 cab to come with it. To see how it sounds check some youtube vids etc and try to try one out if you can.

Other than that I would say you need to soldier on with you're starter amp for a while and save up you're cash and get something different. Look out for stuff in your local second hand shops and on eBay and stuff. I go my JCM for £300 which isn't far off your budget so keep your eye open for deals.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey