tHE BASIC IDEA IS THIS... i need 4 switches for an ab switch....this is where it gets complicated....switch one is amp a, switch two is amp a plus true bypass effects loop....the switch three is amp b, and switch 4 is amp b plus true bypass effects loop....i could probably figure most of this out except for I dont want 2 different loops. I want the same effects loop for both amplifiers...HELP PLEASE...

THIS WOULD SERIOUSLY COMPLETE MY RIG IF I COULD GET SOME HELP!!!
Gibson Les Paul
60's reissue strat w/ lace sensor pup's
Schecter HR w/ EMG's and FR
Epiphone Dot

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Mesa Boogie Dual Rec Blue Angel
1972 Fender Vibrolux Reverb
I'll attempt to help you with this as pedal building and guitar wiring are more longshots from this. I could see the pedal building thread, but most people there are going to ask questions about effects pedals.

What you can do is wire one switch to turn a on and off, and wire the second to turn the effects loop into a on and off. If you really want the second switch to turn both A and the effects loop on I can work up something with a relay.
Quote by Splinter5522
right, you plug them all into your bum then hope for the best
You'll probably regret making that post...
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Invader Jim
This is sort of a longshot from pedal building or guitar wiring, so I'll leave it open. If roc or jof feel otherwise, they can do with it what they want.
Makes sense to me.

Quote by 35pointweek
tHE BASIC IDEA IS THIS... i need 4 switches for an ab switch....this is where it gets complicated....switch one is amp a, switch two is amp a plus true bypass effects loop....the switch three is amp b, and switch 4 is amp b plus true bypass effects loop....i could probably figure most of this out except for I dont want 2 different loops. I want the same effects loop for both amplifiers...HELP PLEASE...

THIS WOULD SERIOUSLY COMPLETE MY RIG IF I COULD GET SOME HELP!!!
You're thinking about this the wrong way, and it's over-complicating things. It's gonna be very complicated anyway, because you want to use the same effects loop on 2 different amps.

You need 2 switches. One for effects/bypasss, the other for A/B

There is no need for a condition where no amp is selected.
It is not possible to select a condition where both amps are selected, because you wanna use the same effects loop for both amps.

Use a 3PDT switch to do the effects/bypass like you would in a pedal.
DPDT if you don't need an LED indicator.

The amp A/B switch is tougher.
One pole sends the guitar signal to amp A or amp B.
Two more poles to connect the effects to amp A or amp B
One more pole to silence the amp that isn't being selected.
One MORE pole for the LED indicator(s)

that's 5 poles. Not likely to find that.
4PDT can be found. Skip the LEDs and you could do this.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Makes sense to me.

You're thinking about this the wrong way, and it's over-complicating things. It's gonna be very complicated anyway, because you want to use the same effects loop on 2 different amps.

You need 2 switches. One for effects/bypasss, the other for A/B

There is no need for a condition where no amp is selected.
It is not possible to select a condition where both amps are selected, because you wanna use the same effects loop for both amps.

Use a 3PDT switch to do the effects/bypass like you would in a pedal.
DPDT if you don't need an LED indicator.

The amp A/B switch is tougher.
One pole sends the guitar signal to amp A or amp B.
Two more poles to connect the effects to amp A or amp B
One more pole to silence the amp that isn't being selected.
One MORE pole for the LED indicator(s)

that's 5 poles. Not likely to find that.
4PDT can be found. Skip the LEDs and you could do this.

I do not need a condition where no amp is selected.
I do not need a condition where both amps are selected.

Led's are just a "luxury"....I mean I will know where I am just from the sound because my effects aren't suttle...
Gibson Les Paul
Epiphone Dot

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by XgamerGt04
I'll attempt to help you with this as pedal building and guitar wiring are more longshots from this. I could see the pedal building thread, but most people there are going to ask questions about effects pedals.

What you can do is wire one switch to turn a on and off, and wire the second to turn the effects loop into a on and off. If you really want the second switch to turn both A and the effects loop on I can work up something with a relay.

Is there any way to use a relay to accomplish all 4 footswitches?....I'm not looking to have (1) switch to go from a or b....I want a DEDICATED switch for either channel...and (2) additional switches for each channel +fx loop...Having said that...I'm not looking for a loop on off switch...I want to go with one click from amp b, to amp a +fx....or from amp b +fx to amp a...
Gibson Les Paul
Epiphone Dot

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by 35pointweek
Is there any way to use a relay to accomplish all 4 footswitches?....I'm not looking to have (1) switch to go from a or b....I want a DEDICATED switch for either channel...and (2) additional switches for each channel +fx loop...Having said that...I'm not looking for a loop on off switch...I want to go with one click from amp b, to amp a +fx....or from amp b +fx to amp a...

might sound dumb, but why don't you save all the complications and put the switches close to each other so you can do it in one click. Like Amp A on the left, fx in the middle and Amp B on the right. that way, you can step on two at once and each one separately. Like close enough to step on 2 at once, but far enough to hit it with your toe.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by 35pointweek
Absolutely.

4 momentary contact switches.
1 array of cmos logic devices.
several reed relays.

shouldn't be too hard to design or cost all that much to build.

and no, i won't design it for you.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Absolutely.

4 momentary contact switches.
1 array of cmos logic devices.
several reed relays.

shouldn't be too hard to design or cost all that much to build.

and no, i won't design it for you.

Well, I'm just looking for a little direction...I'll design it myself

Thanks, and any further input would still be appreciated
Gibson Les Paul
Epiphone Dot

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
After much thought, I think this would just be all around better if I accomplished this via axess electronics grx4 and cfx4
Gibson Les Paul
Epiphone Dot

Mesa Boogie Mark IV