Good Condition + pay less than 1/2 new price = Good Deal.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Wait a sec- saying Jackson Dinky doesn't mean its a good deal...what type of Dinky is it? Is it in fact the DK2? Or is it the US DK1? Is it the entry level Dinky?

To tell the difference you gotta check the features- What type of inlay is on the neck? Brand of pups? Is there a Floyd Rose, or Licensed variant tremolo?

the japanese Dinkys are great guitars (I've had one for over 5 years), the entry levels are pieces of crap, and the high end US models are pretty nasty.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by Richmanofaction
Wait a sec- saying Jackson Dinky doesn't mean its a good deal...what type of Dinky is it? Is it in fact the DK2? Or is it the US DK1? Is it the entry level Dinky?

To tell the difference you gotta check the features- What type of inlay is on the neck? Brand of pups? Is there a Floyd Rose, or Licensed variant tremolo?

the japanese Dinkys are great guitars (I've had one for over 5 years), the entry levels are pieces of crap, and the high end US models are pretty nasty.
You can do this, or click the link in the TS's post
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON

HAH very funny- but is he sure that thats the exact dinky he saw on craigslist? Alot of the Dinkys look similar...there are at least 5 varients I can name off the top of my head in the Mid range alone

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON

The link in the thread is to show us that they go new for xxx dollars...It's not the actual guitar he's thinking about buying.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Quote by jonmo1
The link in the thread is to show us that they go new for xxx dollars...It's not the actual guitar he's thinking about buying.
Did the TS say that?

EDIT: I guess it depends on how you read the post. It also doesn't seem realistic that he found that Jackson of that price for $250.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Aug 7, 2009,
I'd say any Dinky is a good deal. My guitar teach has one with EMG HZ's and it sounds great and he got a good deal on it.

Well... any Dinky over $600 new.
buy it dude i have a dinky dx10d and its so so sick.
"Any statement beginning with the words 'In truth' is almost always a lie."

The Legion
I have three dinkys and they are best superstrat bodied guitars on the market after the sololist.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Here is the actual guitar I am buying from Craig's List.

Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Last edited by Rio38 at Aug 8, 2009,
Thats a Japanese Dinky in machined Eerie Dess Swirl- 250 is a pretty sick price for that- go for it!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion

Well, I picked it up for $250. Great looking guitar. Pretty solid setup. I have to wait until Monday to get it professionally set up by a tech. I never fooled with a Floyd Rose and the high e string was snapped. when I picked it up. The seller also through in a hard case with it.

I will try to get pics up tomorrow when I take them as an NGD.

The only thing I saw was that it has chrome hardware and the new DK2 models seem to have black hardware. It is definitely an Eerie Des Swirl DK2 Pro.

Thanks for your advice people.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Wow, sick deal man... Welcome in the club of happy Jackson owners!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl