How do I stop it?

I'm gonna be on in front of about 300 people for this competetion.
My hands are gonna be sweaty for sure because i'll be nervous.

Will wristsbands help and can I soak it in cold water before I go?
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
I doubt much?

Wipe on your trousers? lmao... sorry to be of little help
You Are Reading A True Guitarists Signature. Stop Thinking I'm Not You Know I Am.

Quote by imdeth
Eblast over her face and tell her you need your privacy.
You don't want to soak your hands in water before playing. Your skin is softer when it's wet and it'll also get on the strings if you don't dry off well. Just use a grippy pick and if you get a break wipe your hands on your pants.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Gloves
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Normally my hands don't stay sweaty, but greasy. Most of the people say it's better to play, but i disagree. Using baby powder is definitely a good option.
I don't mind it as wetness makes the strings more slippery and thus more forgiving, plays easier in my opinion. Sweat bands is not going to keep your hands from sweating and cold water except for making yoour skin softer will also make your hand stiff and slow.

Baby powder is a good option.
Ibanez 540S, Randall RG50TC, Blackstar HT-DISTX, Ibanez TS-808
Wash your hands in the hottest water you can handle before the show.
This same trick also helps you out when going for an interview.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Spray deodorant on them xD
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
^roll on works better
E-Father to itorch, Andrea55, guitarxo and BlessedRebel15
E-Grandpa to Basti95, davrockist, KitKat555, Mark Roxx, Renegade_Lobo
E-Bro to slash_GNR666
I blog...

Quote by Andrea55

Put on a white mask and a KFC Bucket on your head, play completely silently, and then once in a while, scrape your finger tips down a wall so it makes you look insane.

Or some liquid courage to calm your nerves.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Go straight to the source, find a way to be less nervous. Tune out to the audience, remember most of them probably don't play and will be impressed by what seems simple to you, concentrate on the actual guitar. I don't know how just relax, pretend to yourself you're confident or something.

And even if you do sweat, this is just my preference but I find after I've been playing a while and ive got a bit of sweat on my hands it just feels better maybe just coz theyve warmed up though

oh i just reread the post and it's a competition, maybe they wont be impressed by simple stuff lol
My hands sweat like crazy during gigs. Plan on fresh strings beforehand, and it shouldn't pose a problem to your playing. Only if you're literally shaking will it become difficult to play properly. In that instance a little extra movement to get the adrenaline pumping should be enough to make you forget your nervousness. Remember, you rock!
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by Glimsom
Put on a white mask and a KFC Bucket on your head, play completely silently, and then once in a while, scrape your finger tips down a wall so it makes you look insane.

try some rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, or even use some of that dry anti perspirant that Axe sells
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by Rain Lancer
I find that a wristband/watch helps for soaking up the sweat. I wouldn't recommend the cold water trick, but the baby powder trick would work if you wanted to give it a go.

Hi Rain Lancer,
You are find a wristband ?
Please share with us.
Thanks for sharing this information.
try antiperspirant, if that doesn't work, then use fingerless gloves i guess lol.
Baby power is about the only decent suggestion so far.

Seriously though, you're going to sweat on stage even if you're not nervous. It's something all performing musicians just have to deal with.

The only real concern with sweating is holding on to your pick, and to solve that all you really need is a couple extra picks within reach. Or you can always cheat and use double sided tape
When it comes to nerves, just imagine that everyone in the audience is naked. Wristbands will help keep any forearm sweat from draining onto your hand, so you may want to try that. A light dusting of baby powder might work too, but try it ahead of time to make sure it doesn't get goopy and impede your ability to play.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Go to your DR., tell him your hands,feet, and armpits sweat uncontrollably. I actually have this, its called Hydrosis. He'll give you a prescription for this liquid that you just put on whever you dont want to sweat. Apply it before you go to bed at night for a week. After that you most likely won't sweat for 3-4 months at all, then it'll start sweating a little after that, but you just reapply. I need to get more ASAP. =)
Quote by jmeyer1022
Go to your DR., tell him your hands,feet, and armpits sweat uncontrollably. I actually have this, its called Hydrosis. He'll give you a prescription for this liquid that you just put on whever you dont want to sweat. Apply it before you go to bed at night for a week. After that you most likely won't sweat for 3-4 months at all, then it'll start sweating a little after that, but you just reapply. I need to get more ASAP. =)

You mean hyperhidrosis, right? Because everyone as hidrosis
Quote by Glimsom

LULZ.

I like that video. Shows the true eccentricity of Buckethead.

Anti-persperant, Grippys (Try Sand paper on your picks), Wipe the sweat off, Goto your Doctor, Or just don't become Nervous.

Although I sweat when I play even when Im completely relaxed lol. Just having my fingers together makes them sweaty.
Yea i was trying out an amp VoxADVTXL50 which im getting soon, and i was sweating so hard, and bailing missing notes a bit, then i was like **** IT I ****ING ROCK played Master Of Puppets and didnt give a ****! Na whad i mean.

And i usually wash my hands with soap and warm water first the dry THOUGHROLY
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
When it comes to nerves, just imagine that everyone in the audience is naked. Wristbands will help keep any forearm sweat from draining onto your hand, so you may want to try that. A light dusting of baby powder might work too, but try it ahead of time to make sure it doesn't get goopy and impede your ability to play.

Bad idea dude, DO NOT picture the audience naked! Tried it once, got a boner.

Anti-persperant's probably your best bet, just try it out before hand.