i know you guys get these threads all the time, but im finally saying screw the bills and trying to get serious about learning the bass, i'll prolly take a friend of mine who already plays bas with me to a few local shops and pawn shops and stuff to see what he says, however i would also like to hear what you guys have to say

as for the price range: 200-300 dollars preferably but i would prolly go higher too if need be, also amp advice wouldnt be a bad idea

i would like to play a more metal style/sound, but i also want something with versatility so im not stuck you know, a good example of what i mean would be like Mushroomhead's Pig Benis i like his style

let me hear what you got guys, much obliged and thanks in advance
Time ticks away these last few moments, is there anything we've left unsaid, i'm on a quest for atonement, got to find peace of mind and a place to rest!
have a gander at my sig.

along with the FAQ.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Something a lot of people overlook is that that is $200-300 for the bass, then what about the amp? Same ammount, or is it like $350 between both of them?
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
sorry i'll be taking a gander through a little bit later i have to be getting off the computer but its 200-300 for bass and 100-250 for amp
Time ticks away these last few moments, is there anything we've left unsaid, i'm on a quest for atonement, got to find peace of mind and a place to rest!
Quote by the humanity
have a gander at my sig.

along with the FAQ.

I lol'd hard at your avatar, I have no idea why

Anyway I suggest the FAQ
Last.fm

Baltimore Ravens
Washington Capitals
Baltimore Orioles
Jeff Gordon24
Well, you like Pig Bennis, that means you like the sound from a PJ pickup combo, so for basses, you might want to look into a Squire Vintage Modified PJ bass (they're nice basses overall anyway) & for amps, you might want to look into an Orange amp or Acoustic (the brand) they make some nice practice amps in your price range
thanks for the tips guys