Hey guys!

I was at the local guitar store today and I was fully prepared for this to be my first NGD in like 8 years. Have been reading reviews, forum posts, youtube vids, etc for weeks on the Schecter Hollywood Classic. Finally found one, and pretty much 100% in my mind was picking it up. I went to play it, it played pretty well, sounded good, felt good, looked great, but I just couldn't do it. Not really sure why either. The price tag on the beast was $1400 after taxes (Canadian ) which is pricey, but I've got plenty of cash to cover it, so that's not it. Has anything like this happened to you?
If you like it. Buy it.
It's not like the store will throw you out for doing EXACTLY what they want you to do.
So go on, buy it. You know you wanna.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Yeah man.... I always have that doubt. Money is always in the back of my mind... worries and stuff. BUT I just bought my LTD Ec-1000 because I felt that I had worked hard enough this summer to get one! Try and find a reason to get it... don't just get it because you can afford it. and OUCH that is pricey man.

Have you looked into ordering it somehow???
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
Yeah, I've gone out with over a grand in my pocket and ended up just buying strings and picks.
Quote by Tempoe
Yeah, I've gone out with over a grand in my pocket and ended up just buying strings and picks.

for a grand in strings and picks XD
~Defiant~
Last edited by Aurex at Aug 7, 2009,
I'm with the group of people that says that if its the guitar for you, you will be able to immediately buy it. I have the belief that if its the guitar for you, you will have an extremely hard time leaving the store without it. If you aren't sure about it, you need to keep looking. We are all looking for that perfect instrument and we know what we like when we hear it usually.
yea. i definitely agree with everyone, which is why i think i walked away. I'm not sure what i was expecting to happen, or feel or w/e, but whatever I was expecting didn't happen. I guess part of it was that I'd driven down to Toronto to go see Tool and figured I'd check the music store there for it, they told me the only Steve's music that has it was in Ottawa (where i'm from) so i figured all the signs were just pointing to buying it. I'd told myself if ever I found the black model, it was mine, but didn't happen. The search continues!
Quote by Chaos Nil
I'm with the group of people that says that if its the guitar for you, you will be able to immediately buy it. I have the belief that if its the guitar for you, you will have an extremely hard time leaving the store without it. If you aren't sure about it, you need to keep looking. We are all looking for that perfect instrument and we know what we like when we hear it usually.

+1 when you pick up the right axe you do know. shopping by reviews isn't the way to go. play a bunch of different guitars and keep an open mind.
If you have a nagging feeling you don't want to buy it, back off a bit. Maybe you have an unvoiced concern in the back of your head that you're covering up with your conscious thought. Sometimes I'd do something that everybody recommends, and say I like it, and feel it, but deep down I didn't like it much at all. Maybe that's what's happening, you never know.

Go back to it soon. Keep playing around with various guitars, and especially that one. If you've still got the spark and are sure of it, go ahead and get it. But listen to your intuition, it's there for a reason.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.