i have 80 dollars.
i owe nobody anything.
so,
what should i get?
im going to the guitar store tommorrow.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
$80 dollars worth of picks!
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
lol
Quote by deadringer13

Quote by Pr0gNut

well what do you want, or get something weird, a ebow, or some super cheap pedals and use them for crazy sounds, oh get some strings lots of strings, or some good picks, a new pickup
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Clearly a lot of ridiculously cheap effects, and then combine them all to make a wall of sound so indescribable you could only describe it as scrumtralescent.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
strings in bulk. maybe a nice guitar strap or two. a guitar case maybe. if i were you i would put it aside and keep saving up untill you can afford something nice enough that you already know you want it. if i added up all the crap i bought and didnt end up liking just for the enjoyment of buying and having something new to me i could probably swing a brand new gibson LP studio...
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
if i added up all the crap i bought and didnt end up liking just for the enjoyment of buying and having something new to me i could probably swing a brand new gibson LP studio...

Or a brand new Epi LP custom which is of the same quality
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Or a brand new Epi LP custom which is of the same quality

the best of ten epiphones would compare favorablly with the worst of ten gibsons when selected randomly but i would have to disagree with that overall.

edit - and dont forget about purchace price value retention and the eventuall appreciationn of the investment if the guitar is well kept when going with gibson.
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
the best of ten epiphones would compare favorablly with the worst of ten gibsons when selected randomly but i would have to disagree with that overall.

ever played an Epi LP Custom?
Quote by Brendan.Clace
ever played an Epi LP Custom?

yes theyre very nice. and a great deal. so are marshall MGs compared to the JVMs....
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
yes theyre very nice. and a great deal. so are marshall MGs compared to the JVMs....

bahahahahahahah

wow that was AWESOME....

except....the Epi LP customs are on par with LP studios....everyone agrees...just because it doesn't have the full book headstock and doesnt say Gibson.... doesn't mean its not as good.
ok?
so, what cheap effects would you purchase?
also, how much do you think it would cost to get my Bigg Muff fixed?
Quote by deadringer13

Quote by Pr0gNut

[quote="'xjosheex :['"]ok?

Wait wait....

get that **** fixed...screw everything else.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
bahahahahahahah

wow that was AWESOME....

except....the Epi LP customs are on par with LP studios....everyone agrees...just because it doesn't have the full book headstock and doesnt say Gibson.... doesn't mean its not as good.

I don't agree, therefore almost everyone agrees. Personally, I'd take a used Gibby over a used or new Epi every time - except, perhaps, the Elitists.

The 90's Studios are just Standards without binding. The new ones are still good, but they're quite a bit different with the pickup selection and neck tenon.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Please tell me you you don't expect something decent for $80. Anyways I'd get $40 of strings and $40 of picks.

Edit: Get that one thing fixed then split anything remaining between picks and strings
Last edited by cornmancer at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by cornmancer
Please tell me you you don't expect something decent for $80. Anyways I'd get $40 of strings and $40 of picks.

$80 is at least 4 quality patch cables.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I don't agree, therefore almost everyone agrees. Personally, I'd take a used Gibby over a used or new Epi every time - except, perhaps, the Elitists.

The 90's Studios are just Standards without binding. The new ones are still good, but they're quite a bit different with the pickup selection and neck tenon.

Ive played Epiphone Customs. Very Nice. I own and play a Gibson Studio, also very nice. I like my Gibson more, maybe I bandwagon on the name, maybe I like the fact that it was made in the US, maybe I just feel better with it. Sure, it was a scratch and dent of a low end Gibson model at the time, but its mine.

I'd have to say that the quality is abour par across the field. Epi Customs and Low End Gibsons. But, you could also make the argument that Epiphone Custom Owners are justifying thier purchase.... Is the Quality the same, I dont know, Im not a statustician. Even if I was, were talking about sampling the population, not examining the population.

Some might say that U.S. craftsmanship has degraded to a level that rivals overseas mass producing, but I dont think so. I'd still prefer a Guitar made by hande in the U.S. of A.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by Brendan.Clace
bahahahahahahah

wow that was AWESOME....

everyone agrees? excuse me sir but it is laughably clear that i do not agree. if its just as good why are gibsons so much more common than epiphones in pro studios where only the tone matters? i understand that an unflawed epi is an ecellent guitar but the fit, finish, setup, electronics, hardware, and overall tighter tolerances in production being built by higher paid and more experienced luthiers (all the stuff the inflated price tag pays for compared to an epi) will yeild instruments that are both of higher quality and better longevity. not to mention the value retension and eventual appreciation of investment that an american made gibson has to offer. trust me im all about sub $1000 value guitars (the only kind i own actually) but i cant see how you could say there is no difference whatsoever after playing a few of both.

edit - just wanted to mention that i just got done reading my most recent guitar player magazine and in a shootout of big-watt heads the marshall mg got an editors choice award. would you listen to a bunch of people who make their living talking about guitar gear and trying it out or somebody limited to their budget that talks about guitar gear for free to burn time? amps are something you get tired of if you only have one. the most commonly owned starter to moderately priced amps that the kind of person thats only going to have one would get is bound to be the most hated because its used by the most "one amp" users. they are really not too bad overall and pretty darn good compared to a whole lot of comparable solid state units (and even a few tube units) within its price range.
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Aug 7, 2009,
The Epi LP Elitist was a fine guitar.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Bag of weed, 6 pack of beer, and a cheap hooker. Have fun for the night and wake up refreshed, ready to practice and jam on your beloved axe.

Or some quality cables. I really need to go do some shopping for some of those.
buy like 4 danelectro pedals
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
save it, then buy something worthwhile.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
[quote="'xjosheex :['"]ok?

80.00 bucks at a guitar woulg probably get you a stompbox pedal, cables, picks, straps, tab books, and a cheap amp. (Not all together just some ideas)
Quote by MetalHead916
Bag of weed, 6 pack of beer, and a cheap hooker. Have fun for the night and wake up refreshed, ready to practice and jam on your beloved axe.

Or some quality cables. I really need to go do some shopping for some of those.

That sounds lika good idea.