What is it? Everybody's been saying different things.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
Definitely not black metal. Lyrical themes "issues of abortion and atheism"? I hope its not one of those sick-inducing "un-black" bands (not that it's actually black to begin with).
Umkay. Then what the hell is it?!

EDIT:
Also, the whole thing of this thread was to rate it, not to determine its genre.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

I like kittens

PAROXYSM.
I think you certainly got the "doom" bit right. I dunno what else to call it. I don't know a whole lot about metal outside of death, black and thrash, and this band is none of those. Probs just doom. What are you lyrical themes? speaking out AGAINST abortion and atheism?

Mmm it sounds fine I suppose. I don't much like a lot outside of black or death though so perhaps try to find someone who listens to this sort of metal.
Last edited by Athabasca at Aug 7, 2009,
Other things as well. I originally wrote against, but a dude I know said that that could pre-define me as a bigot. This song is actually about Jesus' death, but really can be applied to any murder.

Please don't let this thread turn into a debate about faith.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

I like kittens

PAROXYSM.
Yeah okay nevermind. I just don't think speaking out atheism or abortion are particularly "metal" or the least bit "black".

Also I took another listen with proper speakers. At around 1 minute there is a relatively deathy riff. Vocals need improvement; a lot of it. I can't do any better to be honest, but you still need to improve. I would prolly give it 5 or 6 out of 10.

If you want to hear black metal listen to Ulver, Astriaal, Deathspell Omega.
To me, metal is more about the music and the atmosphere more-so than the lyrics. To me lyrics are there to enhance the mood or atmosphere. If you choose to talk about killing someone in those lyrics or flowers in a meadow doesn't change the genre, just the atmosphere or mood.

Lyrics help paint the musical "picture", in my mind.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

I like kittens

PAROXYSM.
I'm sorry but that was horrible.

I used the track "Die" as a medium to humor my friend as he came over to my house.

Sure, I'm not the greatest vocalist either(just started a couple months ago.) but this would be countless times better if you took out the vocals and had someone with a little more experience to record them or learn how to do it properly.
This also needs more than just a couple of poorly done guitar tracks with you gargling "DIE" into the mix.

The writing was half decent but can be much better.

You seem to be kind of full of your self because of 3 in 1 reasons. Posting in this thread while having the hyperlink in your signature titled "(mind)-BLOWING" and lastly the description of your band.
"(mind)-BLOWING"... Seriously? Maybe MIND BLOWING in such a way that you think it will impress me so much that I will give you a good rating of which you were requesting, but no, unfortunately you just reinforced my impression that no matter how bad I or anyone else is at something, there will be worse, and some will think they're great. Which really just makes me feel better about myself and my own capabilities and compositions. If you seemed in any way modest, I would be criticizing your track in a much nicer way, but regardless this is my constructive criticism if it can be considered that.
You must be 14 or 15... It especially shows because you seem naive and judging by the voice in the track.
You actually sound worse than my friend's 15 year old sister singing death metal vocals.

You call this melodic death, black, and doom metal...
I think the closest it could be is doom, but everyone of these genres imply some form of atmosphere and melody which this song lacked in. All I can hear was very poorly palm muted guitars a couple of VERY poorly done solos and noise.

Lastly, I don't like how you compared yourself to bands like COB, Necrophagist, and Meshuggah. Your music doesn't resemble these bands in ANY way. These are just bands that you listen to. Most people post bands the way you did to show that your music has something in common with theirs... But I think you should use that list as a contrast to your music instead.

I'm surprised no one else has said what I said to you yet, or even just straight out flamed you.
You should work on fixing these things.

The quality was awful but I can't blame you for that. But it's not hard to get half decent quality if you have a somewhat decent computer.

Rating: 2/10

The clean parts sounded pretty cool, so I gave you a +1.
Quote by El Boyo
i want to somehow mate with this song and have babies with it
Well, excuuuuuuuse me princess!
The whole, "mind-blowing" thing was to get people's attention, not to seem full of myself. I guess it came across in the wrong manner. I'm not really like that. Obviously though, it did get your attention, but in the wrong manner.

The description wasn't meant to be pompous either. Ovbiously, I'm coming across the wrong way to one person. To me it seems as though you misinterpretted some advertising and judged me on that as well as the song. If it comes across that way, then I'll change it.

And the poorness of the guitar parts is due to crappy recording stuff. And my computer is a Windows 98 or 2000 or something.

And was the guitar solo poorly constructed, or was my technique not up to par? I personally don't really like the fast runs because the crappy recording software jacked it up.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

I like kittens

PAROXYSM.
Oh, I see you sent the same thing to me in a message.
I'll just continue on something I forgot to say in my reply to the message.

If your computer has Windows 98, or 2000... It's very easy for me to assume that your computer is horribly outdated and that you know nothing or very little about computers (I don't actually know this part, it's just an assumption), over you having a recent computer and installed old operating software onto it... I doubt this because there's much better out there such as Windows XP (probably the best thing to spawn from Microsoft yet [Excluding Windows 7]).

If your computer is slow and has a hard time running programs, I suggest buying a new computer, maybe $500 if it's solely for recording... If you're not having problems, just keep trying different methods of recording your guitar. A lot of your tracks have your guitars clipping and making extra noises and digital distortion which does not sound good.

It takes a lot of practice, just like learning the instrument.
I have pretty decent music recording equipment, and my recording quality is quite fair (at least I find) for a home studio where I spent very little money on. (I had a few leftover resources from my dad's fallen band.) + I saved up for months on a ****ty job to buy my computer which was only 1225$ with an awesome monitor which was 300, so more like 900 on the comp.
Though one of my friends only uses some old computer (I think pre-Windows XP [Like less than 1GB RAM, 6GB Hard drive etc etc, though I'm not sure), uses Audacity, and some crappy computer voice mic, and he gets GREAT quality considering what he's using.
Maybe just a few steps below the quality I achieve, and I use professional software! (Pirated, but if I plan to sell the music I record, I might buy it if it's worth it.)

Anyway, for quality on the recording, just practice capturing the right tone from your guitar amp and don't record too loud, because it's easier to turn up something at a good quality, but turning down a clipped track won't fix it.
For anything else, get some half decent mediums and equipment to record with and read up on home recording. Get the little tricks and such will help you out A LOT.
I looked up everything to do on the internet, it was very easy, but it just takes a lot of practice.
Quote by El Boyo
i want to somehow mate with this song and have babies with it
Well, excuuuuuuuse me princess!
Last edited by Eunakritos at Aug 9, 2009,