Hi

Does Anyone know the body routing for a SSS 2008 Highway 1 strat? Will I be able to fit a full size humbucker in the bridge position with a change of pickguard or am I going to have to carve up the body?

Also will I have to change the tone pot active on the bridge for a 500k pot?
Last edited by callum27stratfa at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by callum27stratfa
bump

Just unscrew your pickguard and lift it up to see if there's a routing for a humbucker. You don't even have to take your strings of for this.

Also, you don't NEED a 500k pot, humbuckers run just as well with a 250k, but 500k will get you a less trebly sound, if I'm not mistaken.
Quote by TheOpenMind
Just unscrew your pickguard and lift it up to see if there's a routing for a humbucker. You don't even have to take your strings of for this.

Also, you don't NEED a 500k pot, humbuckers run just as well with a 250k, but 500k will get you a less trebly sound, if I'm not mistaken.

more treble, actually. humbuckers with 250k pots tend to sound a bit muddy, but single coils with 500k can sound kinda scratchy and harsh (although fender often use 500k or even 1M on some guitars!)

edit: there is no active tone pot on the bridge so if you wanna replace the bridge pickup i wouldn't worry about it. Being connected to a 250k volume pot will be not much different from having it connected to 500k volume and tone pots as far as treble-loss goes. also with tone pots i think the capacitor makes more difference than the pot itself.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 8, 2009,
Thanks blompcube, but on the highway 1 strat's the second tone controls the bridge pickup.

At least the volume pot is fine

Anyone got any suggestions for a bridge Humbucker?

I really want to get something similar to Dave Grohls tone.