Well i think im anchoring. My fingers always float but i tend to put my wrist and only my wrist on the bridge and when i palm mute i slide more towards the strings. When i dont rest my wrist i can maintain most of my picking speed but it makes it impossible to tremelo pick. Question is should i be resting my wrist on the bridge or not. My pinky IS NOT on the guitar or any other fingers. Also is putting your elbow on the guitar acceptable ?

EDIT: I move my wrist up and down depending where im picking at the time so i dont just lock myself in that one spot.
Gear:

Jackson rr3
Peavey vypyr 30
Monster rock cable
Whatever feels comfortable. When I tremolo pick I tend to anchor my hand behind the bridge.

Everyone has their own way of playing. My first guitar teacher had like this, "perfect" right hand form. I basically told him to **** off and let me do what was most comfortable. I still play fine. Haha.
I never feel any pain in my picking hand, just wondering if ill be better off lifting my wrist off the bridge or not.
Gear:

Jackson rr3
Peavey vypyr 30
Monster rock cable
Elbow on your guitar? Seriously? How do you even manage that?
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Well i dont mean my elbow i just rest my arm far up the guitar and then i put my wrist(kinda my palm) on the bridge and let my fingers float. Im gonna try to lift my wrist off and see what happens.
Gear:

Jackson rr3
Peavey vypyr 30
Monster rock cable
Pics?
Although, by your description, it sounds like you are doing it fine.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
you need a pivot point on the guitar in order to pick, you sound like you're doing it fine
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Quote by woodsballplayer
you need a pivot point on the guitar in order to pick, you sound like you're doing it fine

The pivot should be your wrist, and putting your hand on the bridge doesn't make the bridge what your hand pivots on.

TS, If you can play without anchoring then don't anchor (which you should be able to do after an hour or two)
The advantage of being able to find strings more easily isnt even noticeable when you've practiced with your hand floating for a while, and not anchoring with your wrist is technically better practice and removes friction and tension that could lead to tendon problems.
I used to anchor my pinky and ring finger on the guitar. Recently I decided to remove my fingers off the guitar and place my wrist on the bridge, and it really improved my picking technique. I can now pick faster and cleaner than before. So I definitely suggest that you continue with this technique.
I do various things depending on the style of music, or specific song. I think that ancoring the right hand some where is a must whether it's with the tips of the fingers or the palm of the hand, as long as you have enough freedom of movement and you're not muting strings that you want to have ring. One technique that I use is to rest the palm of my hand on the lower strings while I'm picking the higher (G B E) strings. Conversely I'll rest my fingers (the ones that aren't holding the pick) on those same strings when I pick the lower (E A D) strings. The most important thing is that you can pick steadily without stiffening your hand or wrist. Do what works best for you... don't fix what ain't broke my friend! :-)