Alright so my 3120 has a Line Out jack on the back of it, can someone explain this to me. Is it for recording Like i go from the amp head to an interface or a mixer. I still need it hooked up to a cab right?

Thanks
Line Out is usually a line-level output (hence Line Out) of the signal before the power amp. Usually you send it to a mixer or PA if you're going to do that, otherwise you'd need a powered signal to drive the cab.

Edit: After reading the question further it occurs to me you might be able to send it to a PA or mixer without disabling the speaker output. If that's the case then you do need to also have a cab connected, like the poster below me said.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Aug 7, 2009,
Make sure you have a cab connected, and then run the line out to a mixer or interface.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Alright so the sound will still come out of the cab? and is this a good way to record or would it be better to mic the cab
Quote by metalcorefan
Alright so the sound will still come out of the cab? and is this a good way to record or would it be better to mic the cab

Well, you'd have to read the manual or try it first.

Unless you're using power tube distortion, micing probably isn't the best option.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Well Power amp distortion comes when the tube amp is loud am I right? if so then I like using that I was just wondering if the line out would sound better, but from reading some different things on the internet it seems like Line Outs don't sound too good compaired to using a mic
^ Yes, power amp distortion comes when it's relatively loud.

The reason the line outs don't sound quite as good is because of the tone power tubes and the amps interaction with the speakers at certain volumes provide.

Quote by metalcorefan
Well Power amp distortion comes when the tube amp is loud am I right? if so then I like using that I was just wondering if the line out would sound better, but from reading some different things on the internet it seems like Line Outs don't sound too good compaired to using a mic

If you use a good cabinet impulse, they sound amazing.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.