Well, I'm getting my first electric guitar and amp along with it. I get what guitars are good, but I don't know when it comes to amps

Can anyone help me pick out an amp?

I'm using it for just bedroom practice, no gigging yet. I am willing to spend up to 300$.
Any help is appreciated.

Also, what brands are good, all i here is that line 6 and marshall suck
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
is it me or does the black kids head look like a bong, and the girl behind him just took a hit and is zonked out?
What kind of music do you play?
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Marshall and Line 6 don't suck. Just the MG's and the Spiders do.

As long as you're not gigging, an Epiphone Valve Junior might be nice. However, it's really simple, so if you're looking for something with effects to play around with, you could get a Peavey Vypyr or a Roland Microcube.
Quote by TheLetheProject
Marshall and Line 6 don't suck. Just the MG's and the Spiders do.

As long as you're not gigging, an Epiphone Valve Junior might be nice. However, it's really simple, so if you're looking for something with effects to play around with, you could get a Peavey Vypyr or a Roland Microcube.

Yeah what this dude said. Some of your best amps are Marshalls!
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
I lol'd at Marshall suck, they were like the forefathers of Metal amps, no amp has really been able to go anywhere near Marshall territory.
So with that intro
The MG... THE DISTORTION IS CRUSHING!!!!
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Lol, Crushing Overdrive, I play all sorts of music, but I think metal is my foreground
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
is it me or does the black kids head look like a bong, and the girl behind him just took a hit and is zonked out?
I was going to recommend a Vox VT15 or a VT30, but then you said metal so I'm unsure. I've only played the AD30VT, and that could handle metal but there are much better amps for it. Does anyone know if the VTs are better at metal than their predecessor. Oh and what guitar are you getting?
Quote by cornmancer
I was going to recommend a Vox VT15 or a VT30, but then you said metal so I'm unsure. I've only played the AD30VT, and that could handle metal but there are much better amps for it. Does anyone know if the VTs are better at metal than their predecessor. Oh and what guitar are you getting?

Um, I'm trying to get a schecter or ESP. I might end up getting a fender, but thats because I really do enjoy all types of music, not just metal. BUT, yeah most likely a schecter/ ESP.
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6