Hopefully I dropped into the right place here. I am looking for some help with amps and such. I have played for 20+ yrs off and on and really play more acoustic now than electric. Most of the reason is I could not stand the sound my my Fender M80 amp. Solid state is probably NOT for me! I might be able to mod it for my acoustic needs though....

I REALLY love the sound Marshalls put out. I play about anything from bluegrass to 80-90s rock. Not much if any metal. On the acoustic side I play a 6 string, 12 string, and classical in country and anything else that trips my trigger. My acoustic I do is up beat and more alive than the traditional folk strumming with a Martin.

What I really "want" in an amp that will amp up my acoustics accurately as well as give me that classic Marshall whine and dine. I would prefer a half stack and head and possible look at something else for my acoustic needs if I cannot make my Fender work.
Looking for thoughts. Not wanting new and probably will never gig with it but I like to get it on from time to time so no weeny amps please. That in mind, I understnad I need to make the amp work a bit to get the tubes talking. The more features the better since I play about everything. I plan to even get an damn banjo some day!!!

I have poked around the net and found a few tube sets for 500-1000 but I am sure most Marshalls will not clean up good enough for acoustics. I am not sure what all is out there. I have played some 70s Fender twins but they will not get dirty.

I am not stuck on Marshall and have just been looking at some Line 6 products but I am sure there are plenty of options out there. Possibly a digital effect pedal will get me more of what I need for effects. All in all, because I am not gigging, I am in no hurry and just looking for a good deal on the right product for me.
That's a wall of thread
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
That's a wall of thread

Well most people get an education past that of a middle schooler so most people can read that in less than 10 minutes. TS it sounds like this belongs in the forum right above this one.
Not sure what that means.... Maybe this would be easier to start to knock off components that will NOT work for my needs??? I am coming around that acoustic amps and electric amps are totally different and possibly SS is best for acoustic. Guess I might like to hear a tube acoustic amp though. My thought was to cover my electric needs at the very least right now.
Quote by fastline
Not sure what that means.... Maybe this would be easier to start to knock off components that will NOT work for my needs??? I am coming around that acoustic amps and electric amps are totally different and possibly SS is best for acoustic. Guess I might like to hear a tube acoustic amp though. My thought was to cover my electric needs at the very least right now.

I would suggest this, get a fender for an amp, a distortion for electric, and a mic for the acoustic, it may be a little extra but thats what I would do.
Sorry guys, I am new here. Can anyone move this one up to the proper category?

ACDC, GnR, BJ, are common flavors for me if that helps with amp tonality.
Last edited by fastline at Aug 7, 2009,