have any of you just completely hit a wall while playing, im in a sort of rut and it seems that im getting worse as i go. i can learn a song fairly easy in about 10-20 minutes (not including solos) depending on the song and can do them almost perfectly but after that i just get worse at it and end up making stupid beginner mistakes and im getting frustrated with myself... i considered giving it up for a while but i figured its not the solution and i was wondering if you guys have ever encountered this problem as well and if so how did you get out of it?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I did. But that might have something to do with me being self-taught.
I was considering quitting, but I got over that, and now guitar is my life.
So, keep at it dude. You'll get over it.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
maybe your consentrating too much on technical playing and its making you frustrated if that makes sense, IMHO if you feel your getting frustrated while your playing stop playing relax with something else then come back to your guitar and just try to take it easy
Take a break, come back in a week or so. You're overworking yourself.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
so this thing will just pass? and to bellamy_morello i'm focusing on my mistakes when im playing and it throws me off but when i take a break for a bit then come back but still have the same problems. i am also self taught btw. but the main thing thats getting to me is that i've been playing seriously for about 3 years and im not advancing at all, im still making the same mistakes

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by bass-man9712
so this thing will just pass? and to bellamy_morello i'm focusing on my mistakes when im playing and it throws me off but when i take a break for a bit then come back but still have the same problems. i am also self taught btw. but the main thing thats getting to me is that i've been playing seriously for about 3 years and im not advancing at all, im still making the same mistakes
Yes, it should just pass. You can't force anything with music. I think once you step back a little bit, you'll be surprised at how much your skill and creativity will drive themselves.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
yeh that happens to from time to time, you just need to take a break or play other things and then come back to it.
i think your just being hard on yourself. like your expecting to much out of your playing abilities. id say take it slowly. no need to learn a song in 20 minutes. i take atleast a couple of days. not that it takes me that long to learn it... you get the idea
This happens with more than just music, really. Taking a short break to do other things is a great idea.
Quote by d1sturbed4eva
i think your just being hard on yourself. like your expecting to much out of your playing abilities. id say take it slowly. no need to learn a song in 20 minutes. i take atleast a couple of days. not that it takes me that long to learn it... you get the idea

lol i dont strive to learn them in 20 mins, it just happens like that, i can learn them no problem, its just being able to play it right... i get the idea tho

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by bass-man9712
lol i dont strive to learn them in 20 mins, it just happens like that, i can learn them no problem, its just being able to play it right... i get the idea tho

what? learning a song IS being able to play it right. id say learn one part of the song and dont start the next part until you got it down
Quote by d1sturbed4eva
what? learning a song IS being able to play it right. id say learn one part of the song and dont start the next part until you got it down

lol i dont think you got what i was talking about...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
ha ha no worries guys i found a way to get over this!!!

thanks for the help tho it got me on the right path, PEACE

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated