Ok, so i've just started a band with my best friend. He's also a Guitarist so we'll be sharing lead. We're gonna be playing good 'ol rock all the time and maybe a l'il metal. The first song we've started learning together is Laid To Rest but that's as heavy as we're gonna get. Budget is about £500. For your sake i'll describe MY "sound".

-Warm, Mellow Lows on Clean
-Bright, clear highs on Clean

-Thick Crunch and Deepness on OD
-Bright, Cutting highs on OD

-I want everything to be clear and warm.

What do you recommend. I've been thinking about a Fat Strat but what else?
^^+1
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
i just got the ebony 1958 epiphone explorer yesterday and i love it. but definatly upgrade the pickups to the sound you want for your band. good luck
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
id reccomend a les paul with coil splitting to be perfect but i agree with clarkson here, mebe a tele with some different pickups?
~Defiant~
I love the look of Telecasters but have never had the pleasure of playing one. I was literally just looking at that Explorer, i love the look but how does it sound?
any dimebag dean model.

As long as you don't mind rolling the knob back and forth and the pickup selector up and down.

I dunno. after a year I got use to it.
Washburn X50 Pro for more high gain stuff, and Washburn WI66 Pro for more bluesy, classic rock stuff.
Both are still completely capable of handling high and low gain stuff.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by willT08
I love the look of Telecasters but have never had the pleasure of playing one. I was literally just looking at that Explorer, i love the look but how does it sound?

its one of the most versatile guitars around, trust me when I say that they can play practically any genre, Jimmy Paige used one, Tom Morello uses one, Jim Root (Slipknot) uses one and John5 uses one, listen to what they play and you will see what I mean
Are we talking about a Telecaster here? I assume we are due to Jim Root being involved
Quote by willT08
Are we talking about a Telecaster here? I assume we are due to Jim Root being involved

yup
yeah I mean all you will need is a standard ^^

just make sure to try it out before you buy, incase you dont like the feel of it or something
Woah, before we're getting about guitars, what amps are you and your friend using?
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
since willie alder uses duncan jb's... and those are super duper versitile... i'd suggest looking into those aswell. keep in mind lamb of god doesnt seem to use a tonne of distorion but more of a light gain attack. i mean look at the amp he uses! ( some kind of marshall with only a little crunch.. i forget the model ).

anyways, my thoughts, try a ****load out. if your planning on playing "metal" a tele probably wont cut it without the right amp.. but your talking to the guy who playd in flames in drop A# on one :p

* also! another tip is to watch your local craigslist! im picking up a washburn dime boogie bolt lll tomorrow for 700! it had blackouts put in it .. which might not be perfect for me, but hell this guitar new was 1600+ without a pickup upgrade
Washburn / Boogiestreet guitars boogiebolt 2 w/ blackouts
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
squier bullet w/ebony board
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by willT08
Sweet, will i need a Pup swap to play the thicker stuff or what?

no not necessarily I play alot of heavy stuff with mine and it sounds great

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Woah, before we're getting about guitars, what amps are you and your friend using?

this man has a point
Quote by allskillage
since willie alder uses duncan jb's... and those are super duper versitile... i'd suggest looking into those aswell. keep in mind lamb of god doesnt seem to use a tonne of distorion but more of a light gain attack. i mean look at the amp he uses! ( some kind of marshall with only a little crunch.. i forget the model ).

anyways, my thoughts, try a ****load out. if your planning on playing "metal" a tele probably wont cut it without the right amp.. but your talking to the guy who playd in flames in drop A# on one :p

* also! another tip is to watch your local craigslist! im picking up a washburn dime boogie bolt lll tomorrow for 700! it had blackouts put in it .. which might not be perfect for me, but hell this guitar new was 1600+ without a pickup upgrade

HENGD
-Jake Blackwood
Amp wise, we're both gonna be upgrading soon, hopefully to some sort of Laney TT stack.
I definitely recommend saving up and upgrading amp first. Preferably, if you go Laney, save up for a VC or a GH.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory