Cliff Burton
57 63%
Jason Newstead
13 14%
Rob Trujillo
16 18%
Voters: 90.
Page 1 of 2
FAVORITE. Not best. Not best for Metallica. Not best live. Favorite.

Please leave a reason.

I choose Robert because I like his style, and i think its cool as hell that he can play fast songs with his fingers. That's why he is my favorite out off all.
Cliff Burton. He's dead.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Quote by Sopheydood
Cliff Burton. He's dead.

first of all not cool.

and i thought Ron was only playing on that one recording for metal militia or whatever that record was called
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Camaro_IRocz
Nah. Easier to see the stats when there is a poll.

There's a reason why there is a Metallica thread..

and if you wanna do a poll then AT LEAST put in the Metal Forum.
Ron...

Seriously, besides like 50 guys who went to their first shows and stole a bootleg or two, nobody knows what he's like.
I'd have to say Rob, although he doesn't get to show off in enough Metallica songs. But his stuff in Suicidal Tendencies and that funk side-project that he does is amazing
I voted for Ron McGovney as a joke, and NOBODY voted for Jason. Typical Jason bashing dicks I see.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Someone told me Bach sounded like crap.

Quote by Minkaro
What a dick, right? Skid Row are awesome
Quote by blink day 4 eva
There's a reason why there is a Metallica thread..

and if you wanna do a poll then AT LEAST put in the Metal Forum.

God i hate kids like you who try to be a mod's bitch.

If i wanted to post in the Metallica thread i would.

Go ahead and report it idc. Not that big of a deal. One extra thread on this forum.
Quote by Camaro_IRocz

Go ahead and report it idc. Not that big of a deal. One extra thread on this forum.

Rob>Jason>Cliff>Bob Rock (St Anger?)

is Ron even needed?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
i love newsted for his backing vocals
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
people actually voted for trujillo??

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Quote by Camaro_IRocz

Thank you! These ****ing Thread Nazi's annoy the hell out of everyone who dares to post a thread! "HOW DARE YOU POST A THREAD ABOUT (insert topic) OUTSIDE THE OFFICIAL (topic) FORUM!!!"

What a dildo.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Someone told me Bach sounded like crap.

Quote by Minkaro
What a dick, right? Skid Row are awesome
Quote by koalabacon
people actually voted for trujillo??

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO

What's wrong with Trujillo? I think he is a very good bassist.
Cliff all the way! He was an amazing bassist, plus he's a martyr!
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
Les Claypool
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by Camaro_IRocz
What's wrong with Trujillo? I think he is a very good bassist.

hes a douche IMO.

burton had the most experience and he was WAY more creative then him. Newstead would be my second choice, then trujillo.

IMO trujillo looks like he should play for korn, or some other NU metal band, but not metallica
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Definitely Bob Rock. I like him because he took Metallica away from their roots, and cuz he made Kirk rewrite the Unforgiven solo, which I actually think is pretty cool.
*reported*

1st: No versus threads.
2nd: There's a Metallica thread.
3rd: There's a metal forum.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Cliff Burton is the obvious answer.

Back in those times, what he done was innovative.

Making his bass guitar sound like an actual guitar with distortion + wah wah and the solo piece (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth where great examples of his innovation.

And Rob>Cliff because Rob can finger faster? fu*k off!, in those days the speed Cliff Burton picked as was unheard of really.

Lets not also forget Metallica's 1st few albums will forever go down as some of the best thrash/metal albums of all time, and who was the bassist? oh....Cliff!. His knowledge of theory helped make master of puppets and the others what it was as he told James to harmonise the solos and all on tracks like master of puppets.

Those reason clearly put Cliff Burton in the higher league than the others. Even though i really do like Jason and Rob! as they are highly talented.
Quote by Axe Samurai
Cliff Burton is the obvious answer.

Back in those times, what he done was innovative.

Making his bass guitar sound like an actual guitar with distortion + wah wah and the solo piece (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth where great examples of his innovation.

And Rob>Cliff because Rob can finger faster? fu*k off!, in those days the speed Cliff Burton picked as was unheard of really.

Lets not also forget Metallica's 1st few albums will forever go down as some of the best thrash/metal albums of all time, and who was the bassist? oh....Cliff!. His knowledge of theory helped make master of puppets and the others what it was as he told James to harmonise the solos and all on tracks like master of puppets.

Those reason clearly put Cliff Burton in the higher league than the others. Even though i really do like Jason and Rob! as they are highly talented.

couldntve said it better myself.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by koalabacon
hes a douche IMO.

burton had the most experience and he was WAY more creative then him. Newstead would be my second choice, then trujillo.

IMO trujillo looks like he should play for korn, or some other NU metal band, but not metallica

True, he does look like he would fit in Korn or SOAD; but it all comes down to the product... DM was the best metallica album after the self titled album IMO.

You should sit down and watch some of these vids with Rob in them, http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=making+of+death+magnetic+&search_type=&aq=f. It's what changed my opinion.
Jason...

Cliff was much more innovative,and had a thriving passion for music as a whole and not just metal,not to mention his technical ability was par with the greatest of all time.

Trujillo is a monster finger picker,and a great BASSIST...

But Jason wasn't the monster bassist that Trujillo was,nor was he the master musician or innovator that Cliff was...you know what Jason was? A Straight up Metalhead...and who better than a Metalhead to be in a METAL band...nuff said
Quote by billybusa
*reported*

1st: No versus threads.
2nd: There's a Metallica thread.
3rd: There's a metal forum.

How many points do you get for that bro?

Trying to impress Hitler?
Jason Newstead never really got to show his real talent when he was with Metallica. Jason's got maaaad chops, just check out his work with Flotsam and Jetsam on the Doomsday for the Deciever.
Forgive them Father, they know not what they do.
Cliff then Jason. Ron didn't get a chance to shine, and Robs only been there for the *** years. (Jason was there for Justice which was fairly good, and he was around when they were still awesome live)
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Camaro_IRocz
How many points do you get for that bro?

Trying to impress Hitler?

Hitler's dead, bro...
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Page 1 of 2