http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/08/07/twitter.attack.reaction/index.html

Pretty much, Twitter being down caused widespread panic.

Now that Twitter is back online, the No. 1 conversation thread on the site is called "whentwitterwasdown," where users discuss what they did without their real-time Twitter updates.

Can't people find something else to do for a couple of hours? I'm still not sure what Twitter is, is it like for celebrities or something?
It's pretty **** anyway.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

i hate twitter, honestly.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

I'm starting to use Stephen Colbert as a more reliable source of news than CNN, now..

Seriously, CNN has been having news all about Twitter like it's a huge technological advancement. Even 4chan is more useful than that waste of space
Hence why I hate people.
I throw myself into the sea,
Release the wave,
Let it wash over me
To face the fears, I once believed
Tears of the Dragon, for you, and for me...

Christina Cimino was logging onto Twitter on Thursday morning when something happened that she found deeply unsettling.

Christina Cimino says she felt naked without Twitter. She compared the experience to having a phantom limb.

iReporter David Seaman says Twitter needs a competitor so users don't panic when it goes down.

"I got some weird error message, and I'm like, 'What's going on!?" the 24-year-old said.

My god, this is the MOST pathetic thing I have EVER read, humanity is doomed at this rate.
Quote by codyadamscea

My thoughts exactly.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Seriously, what the fuck is twitter?

EDIT: Don't answer this question. It isn't rhetorical, but I've decided I don't care anyway.
Quote by 1337s933k
Hence why I hate people.

See the quote in my sig. Thank you Demon Wolf.

Edit: When I read the cyber attacks part the first thought that came to mind was, "Good god /b/ what have you done this time."
Last edited by cornmancer at Aug 7, 2009,
I love how everyone in The Pit freaks out too when it goes under maintenance.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Goddammit.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
UG has had threads like that site after being down for a little while.

Don't remember those. It's been a while since I've seen the site down, though.
Twitter is basically posting your status on Facebook, and only that, to other people. I just don't see the appeal.