Yea, so there's a new American Football league that is having its first season this year. It's called the UFL, and right now it's separate to the NFL. However, it should act like a minor league.

There's only 4 team as of now:

New York (Sentinels)
Orlando (Tuskers)
San Francisco (Rockfish)
Las Vegas (Locomotives)

The nicknames are unconfirmed, but they should be revealed in a few days. There are also plans to add more teams next season, as there will only be 15 games this year, including the championship.

Well what do you think of this?
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
The working titles are the worst names I've ever seen.

Also, what's the point to this new league, really?
Let's make a UG team!
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
This will probably fold within the next three years or so. That's how these rival leagues tend to work out. If not, it'll become the official league of "We're not good enough to make an NFL roster." But more football is good I guess. If it's watchable, I'll watch it, and if they have a Cleveland or Columbus team, I'd follow them.
Quote by exect4500
alternate American football leagues tend not to work out.
See: XFL

The XFL was so much fail.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
i bet it cans before opening day
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
maybe T.O. will finally find a team to call home? wait... the NFL isn't big enough, the UFL won't compare...
"Any statement beginning with the words 'In truth' is almost always a lie."

The Legion
Woo Las Vegas finally has a football team (sorta)
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
I'm not too interested in it at this point. I will probably check it out if any of the games are on tv, just to see what its like.

I don't see it being all that great though. I like watching NFL because you get to see the best players. Watching the UFL is going to be like watching the guys that couldn't even make an NFL practice squad.

At least Arena Football (RIP, for now at least) had the whole 50 yard field thing going for it. That made it interesting to watch sometimes. But watching a bunch of guys play the same game as the NFL (except not as well) probably won't be very interesting.
All of the games are going to be on the Versus Network. The championship game is going to be Thanksgiving weekend.

I think the league will become more popular than the XFL or Arena League. They were gimmicky leagues that had you interested at first, but then could only muster up a cult following. The UFL has NFL coaches(Dennis Green, Jim Fassel, Jim Haslett) and NFL players(Tim Rattay, JP Losman). I just think that they should air it over the summer to give more football to watch.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by Mockstairwell
I just think that they should air it over the summer to give more football to watch.

That would actually be a good idea I think. Or start in March and end in June or something like that. Their best chance at getting more viewers is definitely to play during the NFL offseason.
Michael Vick also signed with them, or was working on a contract deal. So I've heard, at least.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
I heard that this league told the press
"If Micheal Vick wants to play football for not alot of money, we're perfect for him"/
I lol'd. But this league has great potential to be a minor or feeder league for the NFL.
It'll tank just like every other start up league. The NFL doesn't even need a minor league, the NCAA is it's minor league. This will be gone in no time. Just look at the XFL and all the NFL Europa. Both are gone.
Quote by MrMojoRisin'

That overtime rule is a HUGE difference though. People will watch these games because of the college-style overtimes. NFL overtimes are yawnfests.

EDIT: And am I the only person to see that Nancy Pelosi has $30 million invested in this league?
If this league wants to get off the ground, it will with a Congresswoman funding it
love is love // return to dust
Last edited by tancanada at Aug 8, 2009,
Quote by tancanada
That overtime rule is a HUGE difference though. People will watch these games because of the college-style overtimes. NFL overtimes are yawnfests.
I definitely overlooked that when I said "Minor." Hopefully the league lasts a couple years so it could possibly influence the NFL to fix overtime. The USFL in the 80s had a positive influence on the NFL I believe.

College OT is just awesome though. Needs to be installed in the NFL.
So, what have you guys thought about it? I'm watching the championship game right now, but all I've had time to see is a field goal kick before halftime began.