OK, so I read somewhere that to have a 22-fret neck on a guitar that originally had a 21 fret neck, you need to route the neck further in.
True? hope not
If you're trying to convert a 21 fret to a 22 fret, best of luck to you, that'll be a huge bitch with spacing.

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
If they're anything like Fender necks, Squire necks are standard. You'll be able to put it in without worrying about scale length or anything because the extra frets sort of hang over the neck - it's hard to explain in words but it'll fit, don't worry.
The 22nd fret on my squire neck is on little nub of an extension and fits in the same pocket as a 21 fret neck I have.
Quote by kenan6346
If they're anything like Fender necks, Squire necks are standard. You'll be able to put it in without worrying about scale length or anything because the extra frets sort of hang over the neck - it's hard to explain in words but it'll fit, don't worry.
Correct!

In addition, I'd replace the Squier bridge with a MIM Fender Standard bridge from 2007 or later ... heftier trem block, same string spacing as the Squier and not as wide as the MIA or MIJ Strats.