Okay so I'm basically a rhythm guitarist thats become far too stuck in just playing behind the lead guitarist lol

Now I'm in a new band playing lead so I need to upgrade a bit more!!! already upgraded to a Marshall 1960aw cab (The one from the Randy Rhoads limited edition stack) from my MG series cab.

So I'm wanting to upgrade and expand on equipment and jump straight into playing lead and having the sounds I want.

So I understand I'm gonna want a solo boost from my standard Marshall amp sound, basically pretty much the same sound but a bit louder and maybe a touch more top end and a bit less bottom.

SO I have presumed I want to go and get an eq pedal

I am seriously considering the MXR M-109 eq pedal, it's small and seems to do the job, but where do I put it in my setup? in the effects loop - at the start, after the wah? I'm not entirely sure where it should go?

can anyone recomend where it should go?

Thank you so much
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
I think I may want an eq cause I want to increase my highs a bit and sound a bit brighter, not much different pretty much the same, I guess increasing the volume will create a natural increase, so you could well be right.

Any way, do I put this in my effects loop or in front, I'm guessing after, as I have my tone, I just want it louder, so I guess it goes post amp distortion in my effects loop???
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
that goes after my distortion, in my effects loop then?
Quote by Bazilisck311
cheers, I use an OD in fron't of my amp for slightly more gain and volume when I want it so I'll get my amp serived and get a pedal sorted!!!! thank you
Quote by Bazilisck311