Page 1 of 2
Ok so i'm in a band, and as a joke my drummer's sister(who is going to school for cosmetology) suggested that she make wigs for us, basically to make fun of stereotypical bands of the past. But, i had the idea of her making me one that's long, black and stringy, and then buying a mick thomson mask to wear with it so no one will know who i am.
Would that be cool, or just lame? It sounded good...

(also, i don't care if you hate slipknot, just please refrain from flaming here. save it for the therapist.)
I'm back. Cower in fear, mortals.

Claudio Sanchez is my hero.
sounds pretty stupid
Quote by Cat Of Pain
Bob, you're my hero.

Quote by borntorock2112
If drugs were PP points, I'd be using struggle.

Quote by illuminatiano

YOU ARE A NO GOOD LAZY FORGETFUL STONER WITH NO FUTURE YOU ARE WORTHLESS TO SOCIETY
people will say you're stupid but who cares? at least people will see your band and remember you. thats all you're trying to do. just back it up with some sick songs or you're doomed.
"Any statement beginning with the words 'In truth' is almost always a lie."

The Legion
I'd keep the wigs, but if you're gonna get masks make them original.
Quote by mikeYekim
people will say you're stupid but who cares? at least people will see your band and remember you. thats all you're trying to do. just back it up with some sick songs or you're doomed.

Yeah, and if we totally suck i can just appear in the crowd later, without the mask and be like," those guys were lame" and no one would know. I'm just using Mick as a reference, i may do a custom mask for myself.

Quote by Kosh H
Ok so i'm in a band, and as a joke my drummer's sister(who is going to school for cosmetology) suggested that she make wigs for us, basically to make fun of stereotypical bands of the past. But, i had the idea of her making me one that's long, black and stringy, and then buying a mick thomson mask to wear with it so no one will know who i am.
Would that be cool, or just lame? It sounded good...

(also, i don't care if you hate slipknot, just please refrain from flaming here. save it for the therapist.)

The epic opposite of my penis.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
sounds pretty lame bro. The wigs sound cool, but the masks are lame.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by chaoticfables
Sounds so coool brah!

I mean, masks! They're soooo original, no band has EVER done that before!

I admire your sarcasm. Well played.

well don't use the mick thompson mask, whatever you do. and you shouldn't plan on calling your band lame... haha.
"Any statement beginning with the words 'In truth' is almost always a lie."

The Legion
If your going to do masks, why not use like George Bush, John McCain, and Reagan? Idk something like that.

edit: Connor6c has an awesome idea.
Quote by kashuul
I'd keep the wigs, but if you're gonna get masks make them original.

+1.
play really bad covers of Poison songs too.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by DEATHisawinner
If your going to do masks, why not use like George Bush, John McCain, and Reagan? Idk something like that.

edit: Connor6c has an awesome idea.

Hahaha YES!

The burger king mask is so awesome!!!!

Quote by wesselbindt
As you know, it's been done before. So unless you set the wigs on fire, you're not gonna look cool.

Also, is she hot?

Yeah that's why i wanna hit the masks...maybe not super original but better than my face.

And she's definitely a skank. but hot.

People will think your bands a joke.
So its up to you.
The good times are killing me.

Quote by UG TinyChat
meelad: I know this guy "entity0009" and "mike50227"
meelad: They're the best people there

Above Divine
Quote by Connor6c
You all should just wear this.

Thank you, sir. Because of you, I will now be sporting a hilarious Burger King costume for Halloween.
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
Well i'm the only one with the mask...i like anonymity...
and depending on what we play depends on if we seem like a joke or not....
All this negativity....
OH DEAR GOD.
I PUT THIS POST IN THE PIT.
Sweet Jesus, what have i done.

masks are lame, wigs are lame, slipknots lame.

all my opinion of course. but you made a thread asking for it, so deal with it.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
you should wear the burger king mask, and your other band members can dress up like ronalds mcdonald and the kernal. fast food theme it's genius
Quote by Highway60Bob
masks are lame, wigs are lame, slipknots lame.

all my opinion of course. but you made a thread asking for it, so deal with it.

Thank you for your opinion.

It was decidedly negative, and didn't really enlighten me.

But thank you anyways.

EDIT: I did not realize you were a 09'er. In that case, your opinion is about as useful as a poopie-flavored lollipop.
Quote by Gmp
you should wear the burger king mask, and your other band members can dress up like ronalds mcdonald and the kernal. fast food theme it's genius

Yeah, but the King is the best. Ronald McDonald is a rapist and the colonel a racist.

How did you know my band so well?!?!

Last edited by Kosh H at Aug 7, 2009,
wear a nixon mask.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Quote by JacobLampman

This is off topic, but I thought you should know, looking at your sig and scrolling up and down is fucking awesome.
If you wear a mask, people will assume you're ugly.
One Sexy Canadian Man.

...and single too.
Its a stupid idea, and I'm not just saying that because I don't like the band. It would be just as stupid(if not more) as showing up in a Scream mask.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Its a stupid idea, and I'm not just saying that because I don't like the band. It would be just as stupid(if not more) as showing up in a Scream mask.

I don't think you get to decide how to look cool when David Bowie is your god. Or have you never seen pictures/videos of Bowie?
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I don't think you get to decide how to look cool when David Bowie is your god. Or have you never seen pictures/videos of Bowie?

Says the self-proclaimed "guitar god". Its a fucking username, what does that have to do with anything in this thread?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Says the self-proclaimed "guitar god". Its a fucking username, what does that have to do with anything in this thread?

In case you hadn't noticed I hate my username. Your trying to give him advice on how to look cool (by not wearing the mask) but your so called "god" dresses in ridiculous attire and wears a ton of makeup.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
In case you hadn't noticed I hate my username. Your trying to give him advice on how to look cool (by not wearing the mask) but your so called "god" dresses in ridiculous attire and wears a ton of makeup.

Dude, stfu. I hate my username too, I'd rather it be something else for this reason. Just because my username is David_bowie=god doesn't mean I actually think that. There are other musicians who have had a far bigger impact on me than him. And that was just his way of standing out for the most part, not to mention it didn't look that ridiculous considering the times in which he wore it. A mask also shows lack of creativity, your just copying someone else. I'm not saying make-up or wearing crazy **** would be better, in fact that would be pretty stupid too, but just stfu, you just went and made an ass out of yourself by starting this stupid arguement.

I don't see you attacking any of the other people hating on the masks, what do you have against Bowie? You know what, I actually don't care, just go away. People like you are the reason I try to avoid posting in the pit a lot.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Last edited by David_Bowie=GOD at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by JacobLampman

Quote by crazy8rgood
This is off topic, but I thought you should know, looking at your **** and stroking up and down is fucking awesome.

ewugh...
Last edited by killer puppy at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Dude, stfu. I hate my username too, I'd rather it be something else for this reason. Just because my username is David_bowie=god doesn't mean I actually think that. There are other musicians who have had a far bigger impact on me than him. And that was just his way of standing out for the most part, not to mention it didn't look that ridiculous considering the times in which he wore it. A mask also shows lack of creativity, your just copying someone else. I'm not saying make-up or wearing crazy **** would be better, in fact that would be pretty stupid too, but just stfu, you just went and made an ass out of yourself by starting this stupid arguement.

I don't see you attacking any of the other people hating on the masks, what do you have against Bowie? You know what, I actually don't care, just go away. People like you are the reason I try to avoid posting in the pit a lot.

Dude, calm down I was just pointing out the irony. My first post about you not getting a say in the matter was a joke. And I have nothing against Bowie, some of his music is good, it's just that he is pretty much a women when he performs.
Quote by JacobLampman

now is that a good thing?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by crazy8rgood
This is off topic, but I thought you should know, looking at your sig and scrolling up and down is fucking awesome.

I know
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Dude, calm down I was just pointing out the irony. My first post about you not getting a say in the matter was a joke. And I have nothing against Bowie, some of his music is good, it's just that he is pretty much a women when he performs.

Well not so much anymore, but back in the day yeah he pretty much was. I guess were good then, sorry for going a bit overboard. Still though, before pointing out the irony in someone else's username, realize that yours is pretty ironic too.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Last edited by David_Bowie=GOD at Aug 8, 2009,
Page 1 of 2